Active Topics

When browsing with MicroB, cookies aren't working properly.

For example:
When trying to access Facebook, I'll enter the correct login info and it'll take me to a page telling me to enable cookies. I can log in if I press the back button and go to the login page again and login, but I can never get it first go.

Also, when trying to log into my school's site, it won't let me log in, as it says "You must enable cookies", yet in my settings it is set to always allow cookies.

I've rebooted and tried many times but it's always the same.

What can I do?

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Thi is more likely to be with the way in which cookies are being detected on the site. Unfortunately most website builders are lazy and only code for desktop.

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Thi is more likely to be with the way in which cookies are being detected on the site. Unfortunately most website builders are lazy and only code for desktop.
I just thought it to be a bit weird seeing as Facebook, a hugely popular site would be doing this.

Plus it's like this on most other sites.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Hi all,
It is happening to me too, I can't get Facebook to remember my session, nor google (google reader of gmail), it looks like the cookies aren't being created, it works fine with Firefox but I find it slower to use than MicroB
any idea?
Cheers

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai
Hi all,
A similar issue only recently started happening with me.
MicroB no longer keeps me logged in to any site.

Every time i click on the facebook widget i have to log in again, same with my google homepage and even t.m.o

Tried disabling cookies from the setting and adding them again but problem persisted.

Help me please

Same problem, web sites do not remember my login anymore but I have to enter username and password every time I visit them again.

Deleting the browser settings dir (~/.mozilla/microb) seemed to cure the problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hece35 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai
Originally Posted by hece35 View Post
Deleting the browser settings dir (~/.mozilla/microb) seemed to cure the problem.
thanks!
could you put up a step by step?
i cant use terminal for sh1t

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
awesome that definately worked !

close MicroB
open X-terminal then:

Code:
cd /home/user/.mozilla/
delete the microb folder:

Code:
rm -Rf microb