Posts: 53 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Helsinki, Finland
In case it was not mentioned here before: http://lunapark6.com/nokia-n800-now-with-skype.html

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ liverpool
cheers

that is one crappy review. Missed loads of good features and updates that now make n800 very nice.

cheers

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
After the update the most notable difference where the icons for Skype and Rhapsody. Clicking on either application then shows a pop up window asking if you want to download & install the application
I never had an icon for Rhapsody after my update? & i don't have it installed, I just checked agin to be sure there was not an icon I had not noticed....

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Probably because you restored from a backup.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Probably because you restored from a backup.

I have never installed this because when i go into the Nokia Repo it says "Rhapsody software application (US only)".

Maybe it did not show up as an icon because my time zone is not US?

Skype showed up as an Icon fine.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I didn't have Rhapsody either (UK based).... a shame really, as Rhapsody on N800 is a potential killer app.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I'm using it from Canada thanks to my wife who is an American with American credit cards.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
I only installed it once and removed it right away.... But I did get an icon... Looked just like the Meda Streamer but with an R

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Sadly, you can’t take still pictures with the included webcam
Yes you can you have to instal Camera. Is in the default Nokia repo .

I did find the screen real estate to feel cramped and wished the screen could display a larger 1024×600 resolutio
Is not a laptop

For Nokia N800 users interested in updating their devices to the latest firmware – which allows the unit to run the new Skype and Rhapsody client
You dont need the latest firmware for Rhapsody.

Video playback was less than satisfactory because of the slow cpu.
You gots to be kidding?!? I have a 8Gig SD full of movies I converted with DVD Catalyst and I have not found any problems playing any video at all.... It even plays my Anime to perfection which in the Windows system I have to install a *s*h*i*t* load of codecs..

Just my 2 cents no more no less

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
I am probably making a wild guess here, but I think that the reviewer was complaining about youtube/similar video playback. I can't imagine anyone complaining about the performance of the video player.