Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Manchester
For about a couple of months now, since december i think, i havn't been able to connect to skype.
When i try and log in it first gives me the message
"unable to connect to one or more accounts" in the yellow banner.
and then in red in the skype menu it says "authentication failed"
Has this happened to anyone else, i can't find anyway to fix it.

note: problem remained after the last update i did. I can log in skype on my computer ext still perfectly

N900 APP REVIEW SITE IS NOW LIVE
http://maemoappreviews.blogspot.com/

how are you connected to the inet?
if by gsm, check, if your provider did change something, disabling skype.
i am unable to connect to skype when using gprs (2.5g), but it worksd with umts (3g).

when using wifi/bt/usb from your host computer, you should check if routing/iptables/firewall are configured correctly.

last but simplest: remove the account and recreate to make sure you do really not have a typo in your password or any other error.

Yeah I had this problem sometime back. Just find a pc / mac, change your password on Skype even to the existing one, then on your device you need to find a network which is reliable and you can reconnect using the new password it should work. It seems your password is timing out on your device which is a network problem of how you are connecting on your device 3g, 2.5 etc. But once authentication is done, it should work. Good luck. Mine is working now.

Originally Posted by arne.anka View Post
how are you connected to the inet?
if by gsm, check, if your provider did change something, disabling skype.
i am unable to connect to skype when using gprs (2.5g), but it worksd with umts (3g).

when using wifi/bt/usb from your host computer, you should check if routing/iptables/firewall are configured correctly.

last but simplest: remove the account and recreate to make sure you do really not have a typo in your password or any other error.
i have the problem for wifi and over tmobile, and i have checked for typo's

Originally Posted by tirivaenim View Post
Yeah I had this problem sometime back. Just find a pc / mac, change your password on Skype even to the existing one, then on your device you need to find a network which is reliable and you can reconnect using the new password it should work. It seems your password is timing out on your device which is a network problem of how you are connecting on your device 3g, 2.5 etc. But once authentication is done, it should work. Good luck. Mine is working now.
Same again, it happens on all connections i try but ill try what you've said and let you know.
Thanks

Originally Posted by tirivaenim View Post
Yes it worked, GREAT!
Thanks!