Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Does nobody know what is wrong with it?

Okay, I eventually got it to work but it only works in havoc mode. Polite and rude just do nothing!

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Coventry, UK
i havent been able to get it to work since i changed from7.x to 9.x

im stumped.

http://pininthemap.com/maemo
masterpin: shotgun

my internet connection suddenly switch to the mms access point.. i was using the "rude" setting.. now i change it to "polite" to avoid that to happen.. will the new version fix that bug? currently i'm using fmm version 0.9.8.

Originally Posted by gjoe View Post
my internet connection suddenly switch to the mms access point.. i was using the "rude" setting.. now i change it to "polite" to avoid that to happen.. will the new version fix that bug? currently i'm using fmm version 0.9.8.
That is what the rude is supposed to do. Cut out any current connection to send the mms. If you want to stay connected and send the mms then it is possible to choose the havoc option.

Originally Posted by al678 View Post
That is what the rude is supposed to do. Cut out any current connection to send the mms. If you want to stay connected and send the mms then it is possible to choose the havoc option.
understood.. but i haven't received or sent any mms.. suddenly my access point will point to mms.. on "havoc" option, will there be any problem with the modem module that might require a reboot? am a bit sceptical to use that option..

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ SF East Bay, Cali
Hi,

Thanks for the fMMS app! I'm wondering where can I find the list of upcoming features for fMMS? Is anyone maintaining such a list?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by al678 View Post
Okay, I eventually got it to work but it only works in havoc mode. Polite and rude just do nothing!
Polite works for me, if I'm not connected at all. Rude never works either, just tried it. Well, I'm okay leaving it set to havoc.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by GI jack View Post
recommendation...

spam/image bomb control. This is being brought up because I have a buddy that does this. I'd like to stay ahead of him...
I had a mate like that. I told him my new phone couldn't get MMS, so he shouldn't bother sending me any, since they'll probably bounce back a week later and fill up his in box.

Mind you, I had fMMS installed and working at the time... but it sure cut down on the 50+ pictures of cats doing odd things during the day.

Hi frals,

I've noticed on occasions that I may be out of reception when an MMS is being sent to me. The network operator doesn't resend the MMS so frequently and I do not know when they will try (or even if they will re-try). I ran into a problem where I couldn't receive a particular MMS, so I put my SIM card into my other phone (Symbian). On the Symbian phone, in the Messaging application, there is an option called "MMS notifications" which will create a connection to the network and check for any MMSs which have not been sent to my phone. I can then choose to download any of those MMSs.
This could mean some whole new view for fMMS but I think it's important since an MMS could go totally unnoticed and left there sitting on the network. One could argue that the network should try more frequently but unfortunately changing that is a lot harder...

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python