Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Hello experts,

I'm having the exact same problem. Suddenly, my N900 got stuck while powering on. It shows the loading dots but after a second gets dark and turns off, with or without SIM card.

While looking for answers, I found this thread but there is something weird with my phone, though. When I turn the N900 off and connect it to USB, it seems to keep reloading. It never stops on the NOKIA logo with the USB image on the right upper corner. Have you noticed this symptom too?

At first, I thought that it could be failing POST or something like this. Is it possible? How can I be sure?

But then I started thinking that it could be related to any bug condition or something and decided to try reflashing the device. That was when I figured out that it was reloading when connected to USB cable. Now I don't know what to do. Any clues?

Serious guys, I need help.

Last edited by rod.rio; 2010-04-26 at 17:00.

When you guys plug your phone to USB cable without the battery, does it shows the yellow led?

I think I might be having a bad contact problem with my cable or my micro usb slot....

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Guildford, UK
I have just plugged in the USB cable into the phone without the battery and absolutely nothing happens, the LED doesn't light up at all.

Sorry I can't help you out otherwise. All I can suggest is to dual boot with some variety of Linux as that seems to be the best environment to flash in. Although I know you say that the phone gets stuck in a reboot loop when you try flashing, so I doubt Linux would help you with that...

Ouch! That's really strange, because if I plug the n900 without the battery and start moving the microUSB connector to the sides, the yellow LED goes on and off, like if there was a bad contact. Very strange...

I'll try to plug it into a linux box, but can someone help me to find the correct drivers?

thx

Tags
n900, not starting, rebooting, restarting