Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by gom4381 View Post
I dont think they do. They are just like us excited about new stuff. When it arrives they give it a look over just like I would personally. Most of their reviews are spot on in my opinion-as far as stuff I would like is concerned- and they have disappointments also when the hardware doesnt match the hype. I've met one of thier guys and he(Chris Ziegler) was just as geeked about cell phones like me. He was walking around with the Cliq before anybody else (review unit) and he I were discussing the possibility of Tmobile bringing the N900 into the fold. Evetybody has their views on things and I think that maybe people hate a little too much-(FANBOY Statement) maybe because they are so huge and break so many stories people get jealous cause thier little site doesnt garner any attention. That's all Im saying.
Engadget are everything what's wrong with net they are so biased against anything not US they see fit to write what they want without caring about facts and they form part of the Steve Jobs brigade. now lets get back on topic

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gom4381 View Post
I dont think they do. They are just like us excited about new stuff. When it arrives they give it a look over just like I would personally. Most of their reviews are spot on in my opinion-as far as stuff I would like is concerned- and they have disappointments also when the hardware doesnt match the hype. I've met one of thier guys and he(Chris Ziegler) was just as geeked about cell phones like me. He was walking around with the Cliq before anybody else (review unit) and he I were discussing the possibility of Tmobile bringing the N900 into the fold. Evetybody has their views on things and I think that maybe people hate a little too much-(FANBOY Statement) maybe because they are so huge and break so many stories people get jealous cause thier little site doesnt garner any attention. That's all Im saying.
First, I really have no time to go around looking for all the subtle (and not too subtle) jabs they have thrown at Nokia, but they have been there, and very clearly in the open.

Second, everyone can have their views, but there is this little important thing called criteria and objectivity. Which many writers of Engadget (and other blogs), clearly don't have, period. One of them said that Eldar's review was "thorough"! Instead of trying to understand why a company (let's say Nokia in this case) does this or that, explain it, and let readers take their own choices, they go this way: Pretty UI + Shiny = Amazing review! A gadget being shiny doesn't guarantee success (Palm Pre?). Many other factors do.

In a more general sense, it is something that seems to have taken over many tech blogs, form over function and lack of analysis. Which is really sad for someone looking for informed opinions.

Edit: I bet... (and I actually had this idea, but didn't have time to do it...) that if someone were to make a fake leak of the new iPhone OS 4 features, but instead put Symbian^3 features on it, all blogs would explode in orgasm. Something like the Mojave test that Microsoft did.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Last edited by mrojas; 2010-04-27 at 17:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
where is the physical keyboard? this is a phone for kids (rich kids)

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Scotland
Do you not hate when you open a thread at just the wrong time? Halfway through a debate which sounds interesting but then again it looks like a long read to catch up....

A little off topic I know.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
where is the physical keyboard? this is a phone for kids (rich kids)
This is the N8x, AKA, the top camera phone. A keyboard would probably come with the N9x (if they release a Symbian^3 edition), or the E7x (of which there was already a picture leaked).

Depending on the time frame, there is a chance there won't be a Symbian^3 N9x; either they could wait for Symbian^4, or reserve the N9x for MeeGo.

Pure speculation btw.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
N8 gaming vid with Angry Birds, Asphalt 5 and Real Golf 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MelASMbN0pI

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
N8 gaming vid with Angry Birds, Asphalt 5 and Real Golf 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MelASMbN0pI
are those games made with qt like angry birds?

I belive that the GPU is made by Braodcomm as www.Mobil.se is claiming to be:

http://www.mobil.se/nyheter/12-megap...-1.348548.html

here is some information of Broadcomm GPU:

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/...ices-20090112/

The Following User Says Thank You to teepee For This Useful Post:
Apparently, the N8 has quite an impressive image sensor. I guess this explains the fantastic images we saw.

GSMArena.com N8 Image Sensor Analysis

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I still do not like the design of the phone. Looks way too much like the Sidekick LX (tapered shape)