how can I export my sms from the N900 to my laptop? I tried the PC suite but nothing shown.

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2010-04-29 at 11:22.

Try application "glogarchive". It should be in Extras. It will allow you to export the SMS&call database into a CSV file -- can be then copied to your PC and processed, e.g., in Excel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fhofer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fhofer View Post
Try application "glogarchive". It should be in Extras. It will allow you to export the SMS&call database into a CSV file -- can be then copied to your PC and processed, e.g., in Excel.
Sorry i don't know any thing about programming and i read in extras devil that do not install any thing from extras devil if I don;t know about command lines and programming.
Please advice

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ T.M.O
Originally Posted by ali.harmouch View Post
Sorry i don't know any thing about programming and i read in extras devil that do not install any thing from extras devil if I don;t know about command lines and programming.
Please advice
There are actually 3 repositories on Maemo.org from which software/applications can be downloaded.

1. Extras (end user/newbie friendly)
2. Extras-testing (on its way to be to end user/newbie friendly)
3. Extras-devel (BIG FAT NO NO unless you are ready to deal with problems that may arise... Basically not newbie friendly)

However, the software "Glogarchive" is In Extras. So you can go ahead and try it.

BTW If you are running the latest firmware, Extras will be enabled by default. So you'll be able to see it in the list of downloadable applications in the App Manager.

The Following User Says Thank You to un-named_user For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
easy way for backup:
use the shipped with backup tool and copy the files after backup to your local machine. I rsync my device every now and then after I ran a backup from contacts and the backup tool

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Hey guys,
this is heaps useful, I was wondering if there was a way to enter the date/time stamp for each event ?
I see event type and event id, what is the command for date time PLEASE

thank you. I installed glogarchive but i dont know how to use it
can you help me please?

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Merged 2 threads on exporting sms from n900

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

I don't know how to use the application.
can you help me by summary please.

Originally Posted by ali.harmouch View Post
I don't know how to use the application.
can you help me by summary please.
I guess the simplest workflow would be:
1. run glogarchive
2. click "Switch to Live-Database"
3. click "Export to CSV-file", file is saved under /home/User/MyDocs
4. connect the N900 to your PC in USB mode
5. using your PC, you can find the file in the root of the mounted N900 USB drive. The file has csv extension.
6. you can open the file directly in Excel or in OpenOffice (or any other program that can open it) or you can copy the file to your computer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fhofer For This Useful Post: