Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
maybe because the hong kong release required features in 1.2?
and nokia wanted to focus on releasing the device there.
We have had the n900 for ages, they havent.
Supporting arabic and other non european character sets is massively difficult, i speak from experience.
Massive kudos to nokia for doing this on the n900 for the chinese language.
I'll give Nokia KUDO if only they release it world wide to every customers! Targeting just one country and ignoring the rest isn't that acceptable in term of customer relation.

That's what i really hate about Nokia. The firmware for any device(s) Nokia released will never be released on the same time for every country. Some country get it 6months to 1year before it coming to others

i have been informed that PR 1.2 will not be released until June 32nd 2010 or July 1st 2013 ..... whichever comes first.
It will also not be possible to upgrade to PR 1.2 if you have overclocked your handset, enabled chroot, played angry birds or given yourself thumbs up in a mirror.
Upon instalation your n900 will auto overclock to 1700hz and 3d display will be enabled. The screen will also increase to 5".
PR 1.2 will allow connections to beta max video links and graphical support from pci 3dfx and soundblaster cards.
Linux kernal is replaced by a cut down streamlined spectrum zx core. It will be possible to play iphone, android, psp and nintendo dsi games ( but only if you have purchased a supporting device )

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
I found 2 girls 1 cup on wikipedia?!?!

On a serious note though, this thread is sooo gona get closed if it carries on this way, the HK thread has already been closed and I REALLY wana know whats happening out there! surely even if everyone in the east hates nokia at least one of them would have bought one just to boast on this site with some pics?!?!?! seriously does no one know a friend of a friend who knows another friends in Hong Kong?

Man it's killing me!
Chuck Norris is the only one with the powers to close this thread. And this thread is Chuck Norris approved!

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I'll give Nokia KUDO if only they release it world wide to every customers! Targeting just one country and ignoring the rest isn't that acceptable in term of customer relation.

That's what i really hate about Nokia. The firmware for any device(s) Nokia released will never be released on the same time for every country. Some country get it 6months to 1year before it coming to others
Yes i agree and this is probably the reason people get upset but never mind i am sure it cannot be too long before we get it.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Damn, i want to thank zeefung...

why is the "thanks" button gone in off topic mode.

i found another HK version IMEI 356938033533945 but no luck yet on the nokia firmware page

I started up Navifirm but still no further updates than the last one we all had.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Let's hope so. But damn.. I don't know if I can get the update on my device when i'm oversea.. Not even sure if they have wifi over there in Cambodia!!!

Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
i found another HK version IMEI 356938033533945 but no luck yet on the nokia firmware page
Looks like Nokia are more interested in making money than trying to make sure we are happy lol.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Israel
isn't the update (PR1.2) has needed to come today?

what's up Nokia???

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever