Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Houston TX
Originally Posted by thearcane View Post
I don't want to jump on it early because my N900 is my primary phone. I sure wish some brave early updater uploads some more screenshots and a detailed analysis of new features...
I second that..More details and probably a video of the new firmware in action..too much to ask for maybe..waiting might be a better option at this point of time..probly we'll see an official OTA release this morning..fingers crossed

I am just wondering how bad this is looking for Nokia...There is no communication from them on the firmware and people already uploading the firmware...The next Meego product will be taken with a grain of salt by all n900 people(if they plan to take it)..

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
HA i just KNEW this would happen knowing the Chinese as i do , problem is no one yet knows if its the official or same as untill its tested properly.
Let's avoid that kind of slur, okay? (not just aimed at you but also another poster)

And yes we do know it's not official. The original poster acknowledged this and I even reposted it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
I will upload a youtube video of all the PR1.2 proof possible soon.
We believe you. Please write about some of the new features - new keyboard, video call, camera night mode performance, etc.

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Hard to say. At this point I could see it encouraging tightened policy, loosened policy, or no change at all. I'm betting on an official "we recommend against this" statement followed by no real change-- and a firing in China.
Firing?? Don't know. Was any action was taken on the leaked N8 device to @eldar at mobile-review?

works perfectly, actually on it right now writing this comment. fm transmitter works perfectly.

long button press gives numbers aswell.

touch screen is much more responsive. scrolling feels much nicer.

megaupload link coming next.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkFulgore For This Useful Post:
Guys this is my first post as I just got my N900 from HK which was released on May 1st. I don't know much at all about linux but i think this is no joke. My "about product" states Version: 10.2020.12-9 so I guess that's whatever PR1.2?

I was on a HTC HD2 on a cooked ROM which is ALOT faster than this N900. What's the best way to get it out of its sluggishness. Can someone point me to the right direction?

Thanks a bunch and good luck to all.
CAL

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by kirangp View Post
I am just wondering how bad this is looking for Nokia...There is no communication from them on the firmware and people already uploading the firmware...The next Meego product will be taken with a grain of salt by all n900 people(if they plan to take it)..
Again: this was NOT an official or even remotely sanctioned release. It was pulled, probably by an employee, from an internal company repository and released to the wild without authorization. That's not a reflection on Nokia but rather on the individual responsible.

Rest assured there will be communications soon enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DarkFulgore View Post
fm transmitter works perfectly.
Wait a second. Are there any Chinese language options in the settings menus?

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Colorado
Torrent working great! I am at my dads right now and i do all the techie stuff at my moms so i am downloading using transmission now in fear this thread will close and ill have to really wait. and will flash tommorrow depending on the results of this thread tonight
My Site and Blog

Closed Thread

Tags
brucee lee, cheesey wotsits, guinea pigs, haha nokia, impact, impatience, in the evening, is a virtue, just deserts, kill bill, mr miyagi, oh la la budha, pr1.2, thx chuck, unofficial, usher-omg