Closed Thread
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Peet View Post
Just an idea, but why don't you mods add a simple disclaimer to the title (i.e. "Leaked pre-release only!")?
I have submitted a rename request (I cannot rename threads here).

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
That's a good question. But I do recall that when a version of Diablo was found early by a member here, and torrented the same way PR1.2 was tonight, the thread was allowed to run. Still, it would be good to actually go by policy instead of simple precedence. I would not be surprised if that gets hashed over soon...
There has been a large number of example of leaked pre-production releases from games, to applications to operating systems - and the most common concern is that a version gets out that is not ready for production and/or for the particular market. Normally this results in take-down request to sites hosting said software and in certain cases lawsuits are raised when it is felt that damage has been done to the brand by the distribution of said software. I'm surprised that you have not read anything about this considering that it's just six months since for instance Nokia was in that situation with the N8. MS and others have raised similar concerns and subsequent actions.
Anyway, seems like people care more about playing with something shiny rather than considering the legal aspects of it. I hope Nokia holds back the next firmware release a few months due to this, for everyone, embarrassing thread.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
u can upgrade with OC device but it wont be OC'd afterwards

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
So why are you here reading this if it is wrong.... Dude go take a chill pill and get out of here.
Because I love the friendly atmosphere here.

The Following User Says Thank You to bummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 57 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Salo
Originally Posted by Smooth-op View Post
Ha! I'm enjoying myself this morning.......this thread is becoming fast and furious! Ok so we know that google talk video works and that skype video doesn't, USSD works.....but is there the choice of languages? I mean is it possible to choose Italian from the menu?
At bootup it chose Finnish as a language for me. So most probably Italian should be there too!

The Following User Says Thank You to hara For This Useful Post:
Here is a screen shot of conky people!!

103mb free!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by DarkFulgore; 2010-05-02 at 08:34.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DarkFulgore For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bummer View Post
There has been a large number of example of leaked pre-production releases from games, to applications to operating systems - and the most common concern is that a version gets out that is not ready for production and/or for the particular market. Normally this results in take-down request to sites hosting said software and in certain cases lawsuits are raised when it is felt that damage has been done to the brand by the distribution of said software. I'm surprised that you have not read anything about this considering that it's just six months since for instance Nokia was in that situation with the N8. MS and others have raised similar concerns and subsequent actions.
Anyway, seems like people care more about playing with something shiny rather than considering the legal aspects of it. I hope Nokia holds back the next firmware release a few months due to this, for everyone, embarrassing thread.
I sort of agree with you on the legal aspects but with so much of speculation about the PR 1.2 I think everybody is just going to jump on it whether it's pre-production or not. Welcome to the internet.

PS. I haven't flashed my device and will wait it out for the final build. I have oodles of patience inbuilt.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
Finally back, I feel very wth to see that this thread grew 300 posters in 2 hours.

Wooohooo can confirm VIDEO call works with skype !!

longpress ftw!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
brucee lee, cheesey wotsits, guinea pigs, haha nokia, impact, impatience, in the evening, is a virtue, just deserts, kill bill, mr miyagi, oh la la budha, pr1.2, thx chuck, unofficial, usher-omg