Hey guys,,

Today just like that i adjusted my brightness to the lowest level (thru brightness app) right in the morning....and whoa...with my regular average usage it has given outstandng results..
I start usng me phone at 8 in the mrnng..and by 1-2 PM my phone almst dies...bt today it ran till 5 PM. and still had 24% of battery (Checkd thru battery check app)...

The Following User Says Thank You to somekeystrokes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
With a screen that big, there's no wonder.

Then again, I always manage to make it for ~18 hours daily for me.

yes to be dead by 1-2 pm doesnt sound very good at all maybe to many extra devels installed.

I imagine one of the biggest drain on the phone is the fact the screen has to be to use it. so what your saying sounds true.

I get a straight day out of my phone had it since chrimbo. If i forget to charge befor i go bed it wakes me up in the night with low battery.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
you'd be amazed how much more conservative the smaller screen is, in comparison with the 4.3" screens of the previous NITs.
The combination of 3g and integrated graphics eat much more into your uptime.
Besides, I tend to have the screen brightness up to at least 4/5 when I'm outside. The screen protector makes it a bit harder to read the screen in daylight.

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 410 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Fife, Scotland.
Brightness has a quite significant effect on system life.
xterm open - fullscreen - nothing else going on.
Brightness full - 210mA
Lowest - 105mA
dimmest possible - 70mA echo 2 >/sys/devices/platform/omap2_mcspi.1/spi1.2/backlight:acx565akm/brightness
backlight off (but display on) - 70mA

In short - the difference between brightest and dimmest available through the UI is ~100mA - or 12% of battery life per hour or so.
More like 18% difference between the maximum, and the dimmest possible (which I find useful for reading in bed)

Over 10 hours connected, doing stuff, with the screen on is quite possible - as long as it's not heavy activity.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ leigh-on-sea, UK
have you got wifi switcher installed to disable the wnlan radio from constantly searching for open networks?

made my battery last 1.5 days with moderate usage

taking off the keypad lights will add battery life also

I dunno, I get around 1.5 days worth of constant usage with the brightness at 4/5

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
taking off the keypad lights will add battery life also
How do you do that?

Originally Posted by Psymastr View Post
I dunno, I get around 1.5 days worth of constant usage with the brightness at 4/5
whoa...i dnt evn get anywhre close to tht!

lucky you man!