Active Topics

Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Installed Conky. What exactly am I looking for? I do see that the frequency goes up to 850 at times... and then goes back down to 500. Is that what it is suppose to be? Appreciate your help guys.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by df662 View Post
Installed Conky. What exactly am I looking for? I do see that the frequency goes up to 850 at times... and then goes back down to 500. Is that what it is suppose to be? Appreciate your help guys.
Yep, that means you successfully oc'd your kernel.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
i have updated my Overclocking Guide in sig with some guide for titan's kernel and how to install/setup in a basic way.
But seems I'll need to update a bit later again with the new version of kernel-power-settings that titan put up. =P

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
is anyone having any problems so far after overclocking

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brasil
I get to the normal frequency everytime i restart the device... using the frequency app to control it..

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Icyseanfitz View Post
is anyone having any problems so far after overclocking
I haven't seen any credible reports of any damage whatsoever. Some of the potential damage is long term, and we have no real long term experience with the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
i have updated my Overclocking Guide in sig with some guide for titan's kernel and how to install/setup in a basic way.
But seems I'll need to update a bit later again with the new version of kernel-power-settings that titan put up. =P
yey! seems like this overclocking is getting even better.

maybe i'll oc again to test higher frequencies.

its been almost a month since i quit overclocking due to not seeing the benefits for me.

thanks jakiman, your QBW instructions for codes are very useful not only in oc.

EDIT: i belive that there is a way of saving all the settings of commands in QBW so you wont do everything again.

please link me to that onle

Last edited by gabby131; 2010-05-02 at 22:58.

sorry to ask this again as i havent followed this thread lately but i remember several people asking throughout the thread about how this kernels will affect upgrading to the new pr1.2 but i dont remember a clear answer. can someone clarify for me? also, i want to know if its possible to restore the about information? thank you much.

forgot to mention i first started with lehto's 125-800 then reverted back to stock before going to titan's 24.

Using 21 Ideal maemo my kernel, I think it's good! exelente

My doubt is the Next ...

I use the clock at 850MHz - 1GHz

minimum is 850MHz.

When I receive a phone call to the Clock falls 500mhz
How do I maintain it to 850MHz, even after receiving a phone call?

Can Make a shortcut to leave the desktop, selecting him for Ira 850MHz.

Thanks

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by titan View Post
I have finally uploaded the new experimental version 0.5 of kernel-power-settings.
It has lots of useful features and should make life easier but it's very different from the old kernel-load script. This version is not fully tested. Only install if you are prepared to reflash!

The file format of /etc/default/kernel-power has changed. Old files can still be loaded but should be converted.
The main script is /usr/sbin/kernel-config
the script can be called with "sudo /usr/sbin/kernel-config ..." or just /usr/sbin/kernel-config.
It can show, load and save settings.
User settings are stored in /home/user/.kernel/ ,
templates (do not modify!) in /usr/share/kernel-power-settings/
The configuration is saved and restored by the Backup program.
You can fine tune the voltage for a particular freq with "kernel-config lock freq voltage dsp".

In addtion to that you can configure options to enable fsck of /home during boot,
or to start USBnet+ssh early and it loads the modules in /etc/modules during boot.

more details when I find some time to elaborate (but it's mostly self-explanatory for power users).
In the meantime please use it with caution or do not upgrade.
Have tried this now and it seams to work great. Everything is put up for a GUI program now. This is how i went about as i had my old settings left.

1. Updated to the ny kernel-power-settings.

2. Checked the new commands by:
kernel-config

3. Did not find the /.kernel folder so created it:
mkdir /home/user/.kernel/

4. Saved my current config by:
kernel-config save

(Checked "kernel-config show" first to be sure it was correct)

4. Copied my files to the /.kernel folder:
cp /etc/default/kernel-power /home/user/.kernel/

5. Sett the new directory as default:
kernel-config setdefault /home/user/.kernel/kernel-power

I also moved my experimental setting file to /home/user/.kernel/ and can load it with "kernel-config load /home/user/.kernel/my-kernel-power".

(Acctually.. i renamed the files default and testing. Hope it don't disturb something. For the record i am also using leaked PR1.2)

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom