Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Yeah bro giv'em hell!

Wait a second, you are talking about me and my friends, if you do not stop this I will start crying and my friends don't like me crying.

PR1.2 does not come with general portrait mode so doesn't the leaked RC. The browser got it since 1.1.1.

The batteries used for mobile devices nowadays have a safety circuit to prevent it to blow from overcharging this neat trick however does not prevent the controler or the other end to blow.

So you may brick it w/o being able to reflash or make use of another battery.

You never know what the test was this build was for! Maybe it was to adjust regulator voltages and you will find yourself with a brick in your pocket in no time. We will see.

If I had a spare device I would try but knowing to much about hardware and software causing hardware to blow I wont.
Ok it is now very very obvious you just cannot abide at all anything to do with this firmware because it does actually work, and IF it was going to blow anything i think by now that would have been accomplished, oh hang on here i forgot its got a built in time bomb, oh for gods sake can you lot actually read yourselves and realise just how much "i hate this firmware because it is better than anything i could ever write" DO NOT USE IT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES KEEP AWAY IT IS A BOMB WILL BRICK YOUR N900" is coming across from you lot?
SO WHAT its 4 weeks old so what it has some flaws but i can honestly say my N900 has never performed better since the day it arrived.

Originally Posted by sirmuttley View Post
no, we're trying to tell people it may have malware. You're the one telling everyone you're 100% certain, because you're so wonderfully amazing, that it doesn't.

And what could malware do? Well it could install a key logger and record you logging into sites. It could phone a premium rate number at 4am every morning for 10 minutes. It could be a spam bot. There are a number of things it could do. And it's perfectly reasonable that people be cautious.
here we go again !!!!

The firmware is ready available for ANYONE to download from a google search now so why the heck is the links being deleted from this forum every time someone puts them up?
Even more evidence to prove everything i have said about you lot !.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
That's ironically not true.

abill_uk, I suggest laying off the mushrooms and Red Bull. Bad combination.
mmmm mushrooms and redbull lol

The Following User Says Thank You to deadmalc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
mmmm mushrooms and redbull lol
Yeah a YANK combination... apparently lmao.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Okay, thread has devolved into abill_uk vs The World, and that's a sad spectacle. I don't recall subscribing to that channel.

Chemist, can you either revise the thread title or put this thing on Pause?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
The firmware is ready available for ANYONE to download from a google search now so why the heck is the links being deleted from this forum every time someone puts them up?
It doesn't matter that, say, Avatar is available on Torrents with complete Blu-Ray quality.. providing links and showing people how to download them come with consequences.

Just ask isohunt for any US (and I think UK?) users.

Providing and aiding people in sharing and distributing illegal copyrighted materials has consequences. Personally.. I like being able to access T.M.O... I dunno about anyone else though.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Because it is against the EULA?

There are links to DL roms on the interweb but nobody posts them here. I mean, you are an engineer, you really can't be this ******ed (yes, I have reduced myself to poop slinging)

Ok it is now very very obvious you just cannot abide at all anything to do with this firmware because it does actually work, and IF it was going to blow anything i think by now that would have been accomplished, oh hang on here i forgot its got a built in time bomb, oh for gods sake can you lot actually read yourselves and realise just how much "i hate this firmware because it is better than anything i could ever write" DO NOT USE IT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES KEEP AWAY IT IS A BOMB WILL BRICK YOUR N900" is coming across from you lot?
SO WHAT its 4 weeks old so what it has some flaws but i can honestly say my N900 has never performed better since the day it arrived.
Wow, I'm not even sure where to begin.

I find it interesting that you keep mentioning that we're somehow jealous this firmware is better than anything we've written. It's quite bizarre thought process you've gone through to get there.

Are you suggesting that when PR1.2 is released we'll all sulk and burn our N900s because Nokia have done something better than we could ever do?

I'm pretty sure I've yet to see someone on this forum say not to use this firmware as it WILL brick your N900. I've mostly seen people warning that you don't know where it's come from, where it's been on the way, and that you may end up regretting it in the end. Which is fair enough.

However you seem to be on a crusade to get as many people to install it as possible. Coupled with your repeated claims about what an awesome engineer you are, that it's perfectly safe because you've seen the source code, that it's no different to a dump from another N900 and references to a chinese website (placing physical distance) I do now wonder if the person behind the release of the firmware is actually you. It does sound pretty far fetched but when you put all of your posts together it does look quite suspicious.

The Following User Says Thank You to SirMuttley For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Okay, thread has devolved into abill_uk vs The World, and that's a sad spectacle. I don't recall subscribing to that channel.

Chemist, can you either revise the thread title or put this thing on Pause?
Unfortunately.. I don't see this ending here.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality