Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
FWIW, though this evidence is completely anecdotal, TMO is much more permissive than just about any forum I've been on before. I think this is both a good thing and a very bad one, in that it does discourage some very productive people otherwise from participating overly much.
You're right. But while trolling is tolerated to a higher degree than some (self included) would like, it is by no means encouraged (ie welcome).

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You're right. But while trolling is tolerated to a higher degree than some (self included) would like, it is by no means encouraged (ie welcome).
But tolerance is, in itself, unfortunately an implicit encouragement. When all that can happen is that people take the bait, there's no reason for it to not happen - and so happen - it does. Frequently.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
But tolerance is, in itself, unfortunately an implicit encouragement. When all that can happen is that people take the bait, there's no reason for it to not happen - and so happen - it does. Frequently.
That's just a passive aggressive rationalization, sorry. It's the same sort of argument that says women who dress provocatively are asking for rape.

I do agree too much tends to be tolerated, but it's still not an excuse for people to be jackasses.

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Orleans, LA, USA

Both of those statements are completely false.

If you want to debate it, though, bring facts instead of opinions.
You are absolutely right.

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
It;s unique indeed! I am also IT professional have a lot of fun and good time here. If you need to talk to me as to human being fell free I am not a bot .

I am really patient as IT professional because intact you have to in this profession otherwise you could end up in the room without handles very quickly

Heaving family life as normal people do. My wife still understand me and I am not talking to her using 0 and 1. I am not forcing my 2 years old son to click on mouse or keyboard (but he doing this anyway )

But seriously this forum is truly unique! Bunch of professionals who doing good job here for free, enjoying that even if bigger bunch of people pissing on them every day. Anyway we love each other, cool!

That's just a passive aggressive rationalization, sorry. It's the same sort of argument that says women who dress provocatively are asking for rape.

I do agree too much tends to be tolerated, but it's still not an excuse for people to be jackasses.

But don't you agree, women who dress with low cut cleavagy shirts are asking to have their breasts oggled? Or do you really believe that its hot up there and they are trying to keep them cool

Originally Posted by devu View Post
It;s unique indeed! I am also IT professional have a lot of fun and good time here. If you need to talk to me as to human being fell free I am not a bot .

I am really patient as IT professional because intact you have to in this profession otherwise you could end up in the room without handles very quickly

Heaving family life as normal people do. My wife still understand me and I am not talking to her using 0 and 1. I am not forcing my 2 years old son to click on mouse or keyboard (but he doing this anyway )

But seriously this forum is truly unique! Bunch of professionals who doing good job here for free, enjoying that even if bigger bunch of people pissing on them every day. Anyway we love each other, cool!
And YOU are absolutely right.

Originally Posted by shinkamui View Post
But don't you agree, women who dress with low cut cleavagy shirts are asking to have their breasts oggled? Or do you really believe that its hot up there and they are trying to keep them cool
I second this :-D :-D :-D. Ok enough goofing around for me. Cheers!

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway

Please - don't take me on face value. I'm not blaming all of the ills of the universe on lax moderation.

Indeed, I think that moderation isn't the whole answer to this problem, I think a lack of education and clear branding about what maemo.org actually *is* is also creating a large number of problems (cite the millions of threads that would be better directed at Nokia Care about the shortcomings of products that have been purchased, etc).

At the end of the day, though, while law enforcement it isn't the only cure for society's ills (better education, etcetera, etcetera) - law enforcement is still a big reason why regular, every-day people don't get away with everything they can.

Hellrazor was the kid that had the crusts cut off his sandwiches.