Active Topics

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by Ceejay View Post
No - it's the last minor update version pr1.1.1
hmm..
but i installed that months ago OTA
and now its telling me i have to use NSU to install this?
very strange

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
leetut:

No. It is probably an update for you, but not THE update everyone is waiting for. You can just ignore that message and wait for the real thing if you want, which should supersede that update. Or you could do that update but you would need to do the 1.2 update when it gets here.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
So, outside of the predictable interference by saboteurs, I think this thread is going ok.

I'm completely unpredictable.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
While yes, they could look at some bugs people are reporting and compare it to the official builds; what they don't need to care nor worry about is upgrading the "public" from versions they didn't give them.

Nokia probably released several RC's to their beta testers, never bothering to get the NSU and stuff working for each of those versions until they got to a certain point in the testing cycle to actually warrant that work. There is no reason at all for Nokia to try and now go back and make sure the NSU updating is going to work for people who chose to beta test. Likely, their beta testers had to "flash" their devices.. so can the public if that's what they want to be.
Of course, I didn't say anything about fixing the problems of beta testers, though I would think Nokia would pay a certain amount of attention to all problems of N900 users -- it's not like there are billions of us. We should be a protected species

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
So, outside of the predictable interference by saboteurs, I think this thread is going ok.
While nobody brings Chuck Norris into the subject this thread should be fine.... ops, I probably shouldn't mention HIM....

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
While nobody brings Chuck Norris into the subject this thread should be fine.... ops, I probably shouldn't mention HIM....
Chuck doesn't come into threads, threads come to Chuck.

Chuck Norris already has PR1.3 on his device...

...of Meego!

Everyone looks for signs that a firmware update is coming. Unfortunately, my own recipes haven't been working. When a bunch of repositories go down, I get excited and think that when they clear up, the firmware update will be coming any minute now -- but that hasn't proved true -- the repositories have been going down lots lately, and it doesn't seem to mean anything.

Do the real insiders here know when the update is coming at some point, or are they in the same boat as the rest of us? You'd think that someone would get at least a "here it comes" message. Who on this site would be in a position to know first?

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Who on this site would be in a position to know first?
Chuck Norris, Laughingstok or the Trout. But I believe the Trout will keep silent.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaco2k For This Useful Post:

Tags
poo poo 1.2, pr 1.2, why am i here?