Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Is there any better 3G smart phone that works with T-mobile US? The only thing that I can think of now is the Nexus One. The Desire does not pickup T-mobile 3G. The Incredible certainly does not work with GSM. Any suggestions out there?
I found a online store which sell international version and usa version. you can use the international version for t-mobile usa to get 3g connection. they sell 3 versions of htc desire, but im not sure if their site is safe. http://www.htcphones.com/product.asp?itemMDL=HTC_DESIRE

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
sorry but i wouldnt pay £99 for it!

The Following User Says Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
i'm gonna try a desire out soon and i might make the swap.

tell me are there good snes and megadrive emulators and are they free?

is there VNC app?

Hf with your downgrade dude

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
I've been a n900 user since December and have absolutely loved using the device, but I finally decided to sell it on and get the desire. Main reasons were that the two things that I needed most on a phone - a decent email and Twitter client - were never really addressed on the n900. I waited and waited but no third party apps were developed that were really up to the job.

I'm enjoying the desire: the screen, the speed, the sheer number of apps for thing like Twitter or email and the Sense UI is very slick.

But there's also a lot I'm missing from the n900: you can't beat the QWERTY keyboard on the Nokia and the touchscreen one on the Desire is no substitute. No real Skype integration on android is also disappointing and the lack of support for video codecs such as xvid means I have to convert a lot of my videos to watch them.

Still think the n900 is probably the most groundbreaking device out there, but in the end the way I was using phones changed and the n900 didn't change with it. Still love it and really hope that it's a success because the mobile phone world could turn out to be a pretty depressing place if only Google and Apple dominate the market and there's noone out there trying to do things a little different.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ ,, Earth !
i am planning to get this phone myself , my only doybt is the voice however
is it loud as the n900 ? how low is it ?

I got the desire and i tell you i have never been so frustrated with a phone, getting contacts from n900 was annoying, had to load it to google account (which took forever to make)

finally sorted that but got wifi issues , phone does not like to be the same room as the router.

anyways what most reviews do not tell you is:

No push email for hotmail/msn (i use as main account)

Apps can only be stored on phone (only 80mb to start) Which is stupid, in the 2.2 update they are supporting app called app2sd which allows apps to be installed on SD.

No proper media player.....only mp4 format i think wmv. 3rd party media players suck so dont expect qaulity like n900.

comes with only 4GB card to you have to buy.

you cannot close all apps, they get pushed to background...annoying.

Oh no file browser as standard.....had to find and download one (pretty good tho)

No data plan monitor as standard, i cant seem to find call logger to see how many minutes used.

HTC suite sucks big time, no file support if connected in sync mode so you have to switch to mass storage mode and some times drivers do not load so you have to rs.

load speakers really suck big time.

No physical keyboard but got used to the onscreen one and enjoying it, still have my n900 as i am not sure which to keep.

now for some good parts:

2.2 is comming soon.

google maps navigation is impressive, like street view and voice search is great!

google voice search for google search and navigation works great, also voice to text with google works great to and you can install keyboard support for desire.

browser is very good (n900 is better) but loving pinch zoom.

AMOLED is good but i think n900 screen looks better.

Loads of apps and support for the phone and new ones everyday.

dispite some of the let downs on the desire (which will get fixed soon maybe) its impressive phone, great to hold in portrait and landscape mode.

with few more media player apps and push email oh and app2sd support this would be one of the best mobile phones on market.

SNES,Mega drive emu work great but onscreen d-pad lol

if only i could have maemo on the desire it would be great.

Oh sygic maps works great on desire much smoother then n900 but does the same thing.

sorry for writing stuff randomly but its late for me to paragraph things properly.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ronaldo For This Useful Post:
Guys , I am really am confused.I've watched a lot of reviews and they declare HTC Desire the winner...
Very soon I'm gonna buy myself a new phone, the winners are , (you guest it) N900 and HTC Desire, but what to choose?

I want a phone that is strong at graphics, I know that n900 has a GPU, isn't that an advantage?Htc desire has an impressive 1 GHZ cpu BUT , not GPU , so it will not perform weaker at graphics?Then , another thing to worry, ONLY 80 MB FOR PROGRAMMES on HTC DESIRE?!?!?This is frustrating, no memory stick installation?!I don't want to wait 1 milion years for that update.The next problem is: are there enough games & apps for n900 on the market?
So what should I buy? n900 or HTC.I don't want stupid java-based games on htc.I want real nice looking apps.Android market looks kinda dissapointing... like stupid java games

Last edited by Ozzzi3; 2010-05-08 at 12:30.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ ,, Earth !
i believe Milestone has a gpu , but if you care about GPU i recommend you the Galaxy S

The Following User Says Thank You to U.ser For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ozzzi3 View Post
I want a phone that is strong at graphics, I know that n900 has a GPU, isn't that an advantage?Htc desire has an impressive 1 GHZ cpu BUT , not GPU , so it will not perform weaker at graphics?Then , another thing to worry, ONLY 80 MB FOR PROGRAMMES on HTC DESIRE?!?!?This is frustrating, no memory stick installation?!I don't want to wait 1 milion years for that update.The next problem is: are there enough games & apps for n900 on the market?
So what should I buy? n900 or HTC.I don't want stupid java-based games on htc.I want real nice looking apps.Android market looks kinda dissapointing... like stupid java games
The HTC Desire is using Qualcomm QSD8250 chipset, which has an integrated GPU. The chipset is very similar to the OMAP3430 that N900 is using. I think the N900 GPU is more powerful though, from the top of my head.

http://www.qualcomm.com/products_ser...napdragon.html

You can see from the above page: High-performance 3D graphics – up to 22M triangles/sec and 133M 3D pixels/sec

For gaming iPod touch / iPhone is best at the moment. I got a Desire a few days ago and the marketplace is disappointing in terms of games. But as a productive tool the Desire is excellent.

Most apps are very small, around 1Mbyte or less so the small internall storage is less of a problem than one might think.