Poll: Am I off base about SD card prices?
Poll Options
Am I off base about SD card prices?

Over a year ago:
I purchased a Transcend 8GB microSDHC class 6 card from Newegg for $13 ($17 with a discount of some sort).

Present day:
Can't even find a 2gig microSD most places for that much. Can't even get a full-size 2gig SD card for that price in any brick & mortar store.

Every retailer (including ebay sellers) are packaging microSDs with adapters that cost <$1 as an excuse to jack up the price.

It's very frustrating and online retailers tack on $5-10 for shipping something that I've received in a 30-something cent stamped envelope before.

USB thumbdrives are even worse and this ruins my plan of popping high-capacity microSDs into tiny microsd => usb adapters (<$1).

I don't have enough SD cards to go around for all my electronics now and to make it worse I have some of them partitioned with EXT3 my camera and phone freak out that the whole volume isn't FAT.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any secret places to get cheap SD (preferably microSD) cards anywhere from 1GB-32GB capacities? Anyone trying to offload their used cards?

Check out dealextreme.com 7$ 2 gig cards free delivery.

C

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19040

$19 for 8 gig.

About the best I know of. If you after a fast MicroSD you gonna have to go elsewhere though.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
newegg kingston 8GB $16.99 free shipping

For some reason, looking at newegg, they didn't list micro sdhc as a dropdown search choice. Putting micro sdhc in the search box yielded 4 pages of results, including above link as well as a kingston 2gb w/ usb adapter for $10.25 shipped.

Seems like they haven't got much cheaper recently, but shouldn't be too hard to find.