Notices

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
In my case recaller works quite well, but recorded calls present very weak volume of the remote speaker. My voice is instead clear and loud. Anyone with the same problem? How to adjust the rec volumes?

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
This problem is rather old and needs to be fixed, we all have it AFAIK. You can change the source from phone to system or somesuch, but then the reverse happens. Also it's odd when speaker is used.

However, the app is quite promising and I'm sticking to it as long as someone keeps developing it.

ETA:

Now that I reviewed my call log (didn't do that in a while), I noticed why it's so dang slow. No wonder, seeing as it records everything twice. First time when an incoming call happens, then again with the notification. The second call is a few seconds behind.

I think maybe it's because I have both icons on desktop? Also, one is system recorded, the second is Phone or something like it because one is clear and the other has ambient sounds and clicks on it. Also, one has a lower volume for one party.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Last edited by ndi; 2010-05-02 at 19:08.

my calls don't seem to be recorded..what's wrong? i go to the file where i set it to be recorded to and i don't see any sound clips...

Please don't cross-post. A reply is in the other thread.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
This problem is rather old and needs to be fixed, we all have it AFAIK. You can change the source from phone to system or somesuch, but then the reverse happens. Also it's odd when speaker is used.
However, the app is quite promising and I'm sticking to it as long as someone keeps developing it.
I think maybe it's because I have both icons on desktop? Also, one is system recorded, the second is Phone or something like it because one is clear and the other has ambient sounds and clicks on it. Also, one has a lower volume for one party.
All these bugs happen because you have two instances of the widget. You shouldn't do that :-)
I'll change the desktop file in the next update to make it impossible to have it more than once - it doesn't make sense and can't be handled properly by the app.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

I was using FM Radio Player v2010.03.20 and then with RECALLER iv tryed to record it , but the sound of the recorded radio song is with bad quality...to much echo or something ) is there anything u can do about this....i want to record songs from the radio ))
I also have this problem (recorded on the ratings page for the application) - is there any any to fix it?

Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
All these bugs happen because you have two instances of the widget. You shouldn't do that :-)
But I RTFM and I distinctly remeber it saying I can have 2, one as auto recorder and a second for a dictaphone. I have since went to one and it stopped doing it. It's still slowing down the system when recording sometimes but now it's one in 10 calls down from 8 or 9.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
But I RTFM and I distinctly remeber it saying I can have 2, one as auto recorder and a second for a dictaphone. I have since went to one and it stopped doing it. It's still slowing down the system when recording sometimes but now it's one in 10 calls down from 8 or 9.
There is no FM, just the wiki page with an entry in the wishlist from an anonymous author with a rather obsucre request for something similar.
And as I am the developer of this widget, I can say for sure that it will not work for good as I programmed it myself
Of course it's slowing down the system - when recording, you're doing real time AAC encoding on a mobile device...

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

You are, of course, correct. It doesn't work.

I assume the least load is with WAV. I noticed, however, that the peak load is at the beginning of the call. Is it related to encoder loading or something similar? I don't remeber ever aacting up in the middle of it.

It also races with espeakcaller, which really needs to load and work as soon as a call is incoming. Any way to reduce initial call load?

Edit: WAV should help, trying now.

Last edited by ndi; 2010-05-16 at 11:10.

Originally Posted by Lake View Post
I also have this problem (recorded on the ratings page for the application) - is there any any to fix it?
Ugh - fixed it really easily which will teach me to experiment with settings first before moaning!

Simply change the audio source to 'system' and voila lovely clear FM recording!

Simples ;-)