Active Topics

recaller works great for me, thanks!
I have a small feature request: it would be great if the name of the person I'm talking to could be put into the file name as well. also, if the start date/time was first in the file name, calls were already sorted in the file manager. but maybe that could be a configuration option?

The Following User Says Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
I have been doing a little directed hacking today.......

I know that twaelti is working on this option.

First off all of the disclaimers apply if you don't know how to edit a file then some basic stuff is in order before copying any thing here. This may cause your program to be unstable and birds may crash in to your car today. if your still reading keep going.....

If you want all of the reminders to be removed and your not content to wait. then you can edit a file and turn off the 30 second notifications in setup. This is working on my device and seems to work well after a lot of trial and error and quite a bit of help.

To remove the banner notifications that a cal has started and stopped and where the file is saved edit the following file.

With a fresh working install of 2.0.0-7 I commented out lines: 269, 272, 346, 351, and 369 from /usr/lib/hildon-desktop/recaller.py
**** For some reason a reboot was required to get all of the banners to go away. I didn't work with just a simple removal and reinstall of the widget.

These lines contain the value self.log If you comment out these 5 instances of self.log you should no longer have the pickup and hangup notifications. This also gets rid of the recording started and recording stopped notifications

Epi

The Following User Says Thank You to epilido For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I posted this in a different thread, but I am not sure if Twaelti ever saw it there:

A nice feature would be if the app just records all phone calls, and automatically deletes recordings that are older than one week (or some configurable time).

To save them from being deleted,
(1) you could manually copy them out of the save directory before time is up,
(2) the app might let you "save" a recording to an external file (i.e. make the copy for you), or
(3) the app might let you tag files to not be automatically deleted.

The point is that call recording works fully automatically and you never have to think about it. There is no pushing a button "Do you want to keep this recording?" after every call. You just always have a full log of all calls you made the last week.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Well, the idea of a log is to be complete, otherwise you never have all you want, just those you think are important. If you know they are important, write it down.

To me, the whole idea is that I can scan back and recall every word spoken, no matter how unimportant.

If it could do that without costing me calls as it does now it would be great.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

HELP!!! recaller doesn't seem to record my calls..i go to the file i set for recording my calls but there's no sound clips..what's wrong??

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
a) Set it to record automatically.
b) Make sure you point it to a folder that exists (not a file). Does nothing for inexistent folders
c) Paths are case sensitive on Linux. Re-check your path
d) Check notifications. Do you get "Picked up call" and "recoding since" every 30 seconds?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

yea i set it to record automically..save folder /home/user/MyDocs..and i do get "picked up call" notification....so what's wrong? i go to file manager the press on n900 and there's no sound clips

Firstly, thanks for a great app, it has been a godsend on numerous occasions.

Originally Posted by foobar View Post
recaller works great for me, thanks!
I have a small feature request: it would be great if the name of the person I'm talking to could be put into the file name as well. also, if the start date/time was first in the file name, calls were already sorted in the file manager. but maybe that could be a configuration option?
Don't know about the first part of this, but I also wanted the date/time first in the file name so the call log would be in date order, so decided it was time to start doing stuff for myself (isn't that kind of the point with this phone )

Edited line 268 to:
Code:
finalName = os.path.join(self.folder,"Rec_%s-%s_%s.%s" % (self.startTime,time.strftime("%H%M%S"),self.caller,self.fileformat.lower()))

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imax For This Useful Post: