Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bethesda, MD
Originally Posted by kopla View Post
I was able to run Carman on N900 today. I had to make some changes to the source code to get it work. I didn't get control applet working yet, though. I'm still working on it. I can't test ODB, because I don't have ODB reader yet. I ordered it today. Hope it comes soon.
This is excellent news. Im willing to offer any support and or funds (reasonable) that you might need to develop this app. Even though I can code, I dont have the time to do it. If you need hardware help or something similar just get in touch with me.

hey so how is it going Tizbad2k?

did you get your ODB reader? and did you get the control applet to work?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ireland
Hi Guys, any update of any trial carman program to test out. I can test it as I have both N900 and blue-tooth odbkey to test is out with my car.

no i dont think there is any updates so far... :-/

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
May be after firmware update 1.3 ?

don't spoil this thread as well

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
I got the control applet working also. The problem is that I still haven't got the OBD-II bluetooth reader. I ordered it from DealExtreme but there is temporary stock shortage. So I don't know when I get it if at all Can someone help me to get OBD-II bluetooth reader? Thanks

seams like it is back in store i do have the one from dealextrema and have used it whit symbian and obdscope but did break my phone ,and did by the n900 for january and must say i do miss the obd function

have not a clue to fix this my self so i`m thinking of bying a n97 just to get the obdscope software again

do you think that you wil make it before summer ?

regards Juster

i suppose waiting is wasting of time.
i will order a N800 and do the job.
carman developers did not answer for 4 months so i think it's not possible to run on N900

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
I will order it from another shop. I believe I will get it working quite soon after I get the OBD reader.

p900:
I have run it on N900 but I can't test it in practise because I don't have the ODB reader yet.