Active Topics

I had the same problem with my phone. it was dead (bricked) for 2 months and i didnt know what to do... it wouldn't switch on, charge, nothing.

Make sure you charge the battery (you can use a 5800)

the get a linux usb iso, and usb 1.0 laptop or pc and run the flasher.

See this thread. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=45423&page=3

take names and department whenever you call... and note down the time etc...
if matters get worse, tell them you are recording the call and you will use it if matters go further..

Dealing leniently with idiots is of no use

Nokia finally called, cleared me to send it in again.
Gave no explanation for the delay. Just robotic script talk.

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ queen creek , AZ
take names and department whenever you call... and note down the time etc...
if matters get worse, tell them you are recording the call and you will use it if matters go further..

Dealing leniently with idiots is of no use
lol if you say you are recording the call they will say they have to hang up ... thats most policy in call centers .... get there name and ask for id ... that will make them a little nervus and will want to do more ... if anything demand for a sup ...

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
how did u guys request repair online? does that work with all countries???

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by normaltusker View Post
how did u guys request repair online? does that work with all countries???
In my place we can bring it to the support centre anytime and their cs are nice.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
In my place we can bring it to the support centre anytime and their cs are nice.
well, i am not in that position right now, i bought my handset from the UAE and I am using the phone in India.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ City of Angels
nokia USA uses an outfit called PALCO to service their phones. Sadly I ve used these guys many times over the past 5 yrs or so & the experience has been enlightenning. Here is what I expect when I send my 2 mo old Nokia for repair, nothing. By this I mean that I dont expect that I ll get my phone back fixed or they ll even read the repair form and address the issues. these guys are horrible.
My 1st experience was the worse, of course. they paid for shipping the first time it went in & it came back in same exact condition. Then I had to pay shipping twice more for PALCO's incompetance. Not to mention that my phone was inoperable for about 3 mo. Finally they replaced the phone. Everyone watch out when you send your Nokia phone for repair. You can bet on it that it wont be repaired.
Here is what I do to save the hassle from that first experience, upon calling Nokia for repair I immediately file a complain with Weschester, NY dept of consumer affairs. They now have a dept that handles cell phone complaints. The consumer affair complaint works. Last year I send my phone in for repair, after receiving my phone back unrepaired, Nokia actually took back my dissfunctional 4 mo old N97and refunded the money.

Last week I got my N900 back unrepaired from Nokia, because I realy like the phone I ll give PALCO one more chance. If they dont get it fixed, I ll be asking for refund.

Sorry for the long post. Hoping to keep the blood pressure from boiling when folks realize that this is the norm for Nokia lack of Customer Service. When dealing with them always expect the worse and then you ll be very happy when things turn out favorably.

Last edited by nokuser; 2010-05-12 at 09:11.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
lol my god. i had really bad experience with my N95 for the first 4 months it was in and out of service centers. 4/5 times they didnt know/ didnt fix the issue. who works there?

Im reading all this and im thinking about sending mine :S
My problem is that my N900 starts charging and then after a couple of minutes it just stops charging. Do you think they will be able to fix that in a reasonable amount of time?

In theory this website has something to do with repairing your N900, but it just doesnt work.

http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-...repair-locator