Active Topics

Hi, all!

I have released Pidgin 2.1.0. Here's what's changed:

- It's based on the desktop Pidgin 2.1.0 which was also just released
- The distribution now includes OTR with a slightly spiffed up UI

As always, please visit http://pidgin.garage.maemo.org/ if you need installation instructions, and http://garage.maemo.org/projects/pidgin to let me know just how badly I screwed up the release

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
As always, you are the man! I can't wait to try it out.

Has anyone successfully used the meanwhile (sametime) client?

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
As always, you are the man! I can't wait to try it out.

Has anyone successfully used the meanwhile (sametime) client?
I have. No issues that I've seen so far.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
Yep, I use meanwhile for work.. Actually used it today Had to run an errand, and since my boss is in Chicago (I'm about 1,000 miles away) he keeps track of me via Samteime.. Fired up my bluetooth connection on my smartphone, loaded pdgin and meanwhile he never knew the difference, even phad a couple of messages back and forth.. Works great!!

Good to hear. In Gaim 1.5 I couldn't get sametime to work at work. I recall there being differences in configuration options between the Windows PC version we use and Gaim. Hopefully whatever the issue was won't be a problem this time... I'll find out shortly.

EDIT: oh piffle. I keep getting invalid user/password error-- although I'm using the same account info from my PC.

EDIT 2: never mind! Enabled forced login and changed to No Proxy, and it works!!!!! yeeehaw! This sucker is now perfect for my work environment (there's irony in that statement for those in the know).

Thanks nix!

Last edited by Texrat; 2007-07-31 at 03:14.

Long time no release

I have released an updated version of Pidgin 2.1.0, with the following changes:

- Bonjour support (requires yet another catalogue)
- Rocker-clicking a buddy in the buddy list starts a conversation with that buddy
- Group headers no longer "bounce" when you click on them

Please have a look at http://pidgin.garage.maemo.org/ for the details of the new catalogue (if you would like to use Bonjour), and for installation instructions, etc.

I have some bugs I need to document, such as the buddy list disappearing and not coming back unless the program is closed and reopened. Also, I'd like to be able to configure the buddy ticker (especially for speed).

Finally, I did find it odd that I can't click on a buddy and have a way to send him an IM. As far as I could tell I had to go through the menu and then search on buddies (that are already displayed!). Seems awkward. So now we have this "rocker click"? Why not have single-click-and-hold bring up that little info box and then double click activates IM?

I have some bugs I need to document, such as the buddy list disappearing and not coming back unless the program is closed and reopened.
Please...

Also, I'd like to be able to configure the buddy ticker (especially for speed).
Haven't looked at the buddy ticker much. Don't really know what it is, even, to be honest.

Finally, I did find it odd that I can't click on a buddy and have a way to send him an IM. As far as I could tell I had to go through the menu and then search on buddies (that are already displayed!). Seems awkward. So now we have this "rocker click"? Why not have single-click-and-hold bring up that little info box and then double click activates IM?
Double-click does and always did bring up IM. In any case, tapping like a madman in quick succession on a buddy will eventually result in a double-click, which would bring up the IM. I can even do it without the stylus.

Tap-and-hold on a buddy brings up a context menu whose first menu item is "IM" which, in turn, brings up the IM window.

With this version, there's also the rocker-click.

I guess I don't think I understand what you mean by "I can't click on a buddy and have a way to send him an IM."

Odd. Double-tapping wouldn't bring up the IM last time I tried-- now it does. I even have a witness because a buddy and I were testing it here at work... lol. Also the click-and-hold brought up the info box before, NOW it brings up the context menu.

Very strange.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Virginia Beach
Hey all! I new to the forum here as well as to the N770. In fact, I just got it yesterday!

Any ways, I was trying to get Pidgen going but I could not get a complete package refresh. When I looked at the log it said that I did not have the public key. Or something like that.

Is there something I can do to make it work? I did verify the repository locations. And, the two that were not working for me were the idx-go and the oakcourt ones.

Thanks in advance!

eb