Facebook should use a fixed uid for the contacts, for those who have set and assigned their username, should allow use the username instead of some wierd id to us.

There is possibility they might change the uid again, might as well do it once and fix it... but this is not N900 issue but issue for Facebook Chat service for 3rd party plugins...

thanks to this stupid bug, my contact list has 1265 contacts in it now.

Awesome.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
My list is doubled too.

bleeeeech this happened to me too. Messy. Annoying. How to fix this? Could I just export them all into vCard format and then run some kind of script on that? Is there any more direct way to access the contact list?

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
It would have been nice if there was an application to remove duplicate contacts.

Originally Posted by resplendent2209 View Post
It would have been nice if there was an application to remove duplicate contacts.
You cannot remove, you need to merge them. The duplicate is cause by different UID but it's the same contact. Besides, the Conversations is based on different UID, so removing the old UID will cause that conversations to be deleted? It'll be good to be able to merged the SIMILAR account type, even though it's different UID.

Plus, if Facebook Chat decided to use back the old UID, then it's not wise to remove the old UID.

Facebook Chat should use a fixed and standardize UID. The UID shouldn't change...

One thing I have noticed is that my entries for Jabber/facebook now have IM and CALL.. This mean they are going to introduce VOIP?

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NC, USA
Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] View Post
One thing I have noticed is that my entries for Jabber/facebook now have IM and CALL.. This mean they are going to introduce VOIP?
My jabber/facebook contacts have always had IM and CALL. I think the N900 just doesn't know if VOIP is supported, so it puts the button there.

Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] View Post
My facebook chat details have always had IM & CALL options.

Also, my contacts don't seem to have been affected by this change. They have all changed the UID's in each persons contact automatically, and not duplicated any contacts.

Does it matter if i'm using Hermes to get facebook contact info aswel?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Mario also blogged about it - maybe he will come up with a tool for it (but please don't bomb him with comments :
http://blog.barisione.org/2010-05/fa...-address-book/