Notices

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
ohrn:

OK, found the option for the download directory...

didn't realize there was a vertical scroll bar for options...

I feel stupid ;(

Originally Posted by ahockersten View Post
You can report bugs here. We appreciate and read all bug reports we get, so do submit any you find!
Is there any way to search for duplicates to avoid spamming you unnecessarily?

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by ohrn View Post
Hi folks,

I see a lot of requests for Flash.

Adding support for plugins is a lot of work and currently far out of scope for our little hobby project. So I'm sorry to say that we will not add Flash support in the foreseeable future.

/ohrn
Well, at least it's open-source, right?
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Hi, I just want to thank you folks for the effort you put in on developing this for the n900!
For people considering to download:
+ It is on my n900 at stock kernel faster than the maemo or firefox browser.
+ Nice and smooth animations.
+ Interface is very slim, nice and easy to use.
+ It has in my opinion a better touch qwerty keyboard than fremantle, big plus is its availabilty in potrait mode.
+ opera turbo

- apparently it drains the battery of its power. I do not seem to have it as a huge problem, yet i have heard its suppose to be power hungry.
- Still a bit unstable, random crashes of the browser. Its still though very usable

* no flash. this is in my opinion a neutral point as flash is available in the other browsers. I use opera as a mobile browsers for mobile sites over gsm. Its superfast and does its job perfectly. Though its always nicer to have a complete package, yet that is something that can come extra. Now its more important to fix the stability.

just wanted to have that said. hope to see some more updates.

Thanks again for the effort, you are doing great!

regards,

Fred

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ City of Angeles
When I turn on opera turbo, it seems to slow down the browser and some sites don't even open. Anyone has experience this?

Cool tip: when physical keyboard is open, hitting backspace brings up the mouse pointer and you can use arrows keys on the the keyboard to move around the page.

When page is NOT zoomed in and keyboard is open hitting ctrl launches a box that allows you to select with arrow keys where on the page you want to zoom in, just hit return/enter key to zoom in your selection

Last edited by meluvn900longtime; 2010-05-13 at 22:54.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Not that I think it really matter so more out of curiosity - why is the Component field in the Opera Catalog filled in as "non-free"?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Battery might get drained fast? Well--this makes me glad I'm of the camp that prefers their portable computer is not ALSO their cell phone. N800 EPIC WIN

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
First off, awesome job guys!

Is there any ways the virtual keyboard can be exported to the general Maemo UI?

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

engadget seems to make opera crash a lot but i guess that could just be a matter of taste
MMS enabled using fMMS by frals.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
hey this browser is awesome. take not firefox this is how its done! just the power zapping and processor use need sorting and this is def my no1 browser.....well for quick surfing.

Tags
fast browser, opera