Active Topics

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Hello from Ireland,

been lurking on the side lines and decided it's time to register.

First off I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to the community, I love it, I check the posts every day to learn new things about the excellent Nokia N900!

I got the "device" in Feb and use it as my main phone and wouldn't be without it.

ok it has its flaws but I know with this community it will keep getting better.

I have no programming experience, I remember having a C64 when I was a kid writing the poke and peek commands.....ahhh the days :-) but that was then.
I would love to learn how to write programs and in time I will.

Look forward to getting into the workings and I will help out where I can.

Cheers,
Mark.

The Following User Says Thank You to mark_ireland For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
Hello, finally today i've bought N900.
I've been visiting this site for long time, and now it's time to participate

So... hello

The Following User Says Thank You to longcat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Hey, knew to this and well basicly I'm on here because I'm unhappy with the iPhone, I ddnt knw what thread to post this on so just thought the newbie one would be as gud as any and might get pointed in right direction. I have a iPhone 3gs I h8 the fact that any decent app is paid for. Their is no physical keyboard, no front camera, I have jailbroken but I'm still limited to what I do. I want something with those missing feAtures and a little more, Ive only lernt windows so knw nothing about Linux etc. Any help would be really appreciated. Does the n900 sound like the right device for me?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bickiez For This Useful Post:
hi everyone. i got my N900 a couple of day ago and have been having fun getting to know it. i am new to smart phones in general. so please be paitient with my newbie dumb arse questions. lol

i just couldn't bring myself to lower my standards to getting an iPhone. lol. i was starting to think about getting one as my old nokia was dieing and i needed to do something about it, when i caught wind of the N900. SOOOOO glad i waited!

i'm basically here to learn as much as i can about it and maybe make myself a few little apps i have thought about. but that will be a ways off yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to TLRstacker For This Useful Post:
Hello,
I've been N900 owner since december 2009, and I havent regret at all.

Allmost every wish that I made(VertSMS,Opera,fMMS,Mobile Maps,Transmission..), has come true, you just have to wait a bit! This 'phone' is the next step to the right direction.

The Following User Says Thank You to slappy For This Useful Post:
Hi i'm from South Africa. Its great to be here . . .been using the n900 for almost 2 months. I must say its a really good device . . . and this is just the beginning for great things to come on this smart phone . . . .

The Following User Says Thank You to mbere For This Useful Post:
Hi everyone, I just got the n900 about a week ago and I'm hoping to try and learn to make applications for the n900. My last phone was the Nokia 5800 which I thought was great until I discovered how awesome the n900 was, I just had to get it!

I am thinking of learning how to create applications as I have done a bit of programming before. I used to play about with something called DarkBasic on the PC, it was a game programming language. Never really finished any games though, but hopefully I'll make something for the n900

My First Post here !!!

The Following User Says Thank You to damnitphil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London, UK
Hi everybody,

I've finally got my hands on an N900 and I'm blown away by it. This forum's been very helpful for me while I've been getting to grips with it, so thanks to all of you who have unwittingly been answering my questions!

Linux is a complete mystery to me, and one of the main reasons why I chose the N900 was to give myself an excuse to dip my toes in the water. It's faintly terrifying, but I'll get there.

Anyway, hello to you all, it's good to be here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fitzmogwai For This Useful Post:
I am sick of saying hello but HELLO !

My n900 died so send me flowers or lager.

The Following User Says Thank You to phil mumford For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2010 @ Warsaw, Poland
Hello from Poland ... and stil waiting for PR1.2 ...

The Following User Says Thank You to dcstudio For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org