Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
battery life is poor with wifi, dont use exchange accounts so not tested.
the touch screen is remarkable though, very quick and smooth scrolling- always slightly wary of glass screen, could easily be scratched.
Loving how you customise just about everything, and there are apps for everything you need no matter how daft? lol
i agree with the speaker, sounds a little tinny, but have notcied could be down to state of mps's -bitrates on mine are little low?
Sat nav is excellent with google maps now free voice nav- using navigon and co-pilot also and they are spot on too.
what is also poor is the movie player, very few xvids,avi's etc will play with out converting- this i believe is to be addressed with firmware update according to htc.

you haven't upset anyone, and you are more than entitled to your opinion on the N900, but i'm just puzzled as to why you are asking how much your N900 is worth when it is obvious you have access to the internet, therefore, by the powers of deduction you also have access to ebay. and as for pointing out it's weak points, i dont really see a lot of that going on. and to be perfectly honest it doesn't really matter what you post, there aremalways some idiots who will turn it into a flamefest

Originally Posted by tomlowry View Post
i have had the n900 from the waiting list days. So i know what its about. terrific sound and good mp3 player and after a slow start a nice exchange client. I cannot use it as a phone. It is worse than useless, in my opinion. the capacative screen is nowhere as good as the iphone or desire. Crikey can one not point out a phones weak points on this forum. I have pointed out the weak points of the desire?
With scratches on the screen what should place it on ebays sell in now price UK?. Sorring for upsetting some of you
I am wity you man. Been also thinking about selling my N900 and getting the HTC Desire. Also thinking of leaving Nokia for good. Been a big fanboy for 10 years but been burnt badly with N97 and disappointed by the N900.

There are couple of problems for me though:

1. The lack of memory on the Desire. Why don't HTC make proper media phones with 32gb. Afterall they main competitor is the iphone isn't it? Problem for me cause I have used all the memory on my N900 and even use a 16gb on top. Have loads of music, videos and thousands of picture just as it should be. The Desire deprives me of that.

2. My N900 will fetch very little though on ebay because:

(i) It has two nasty scratches though the screen protector hides them a bit;

(ii) my N900's USB port is faulty and only charges from PC. Got it from US and live in the UK so sending it for warranty repair not very straightforward.

3. I don't know how I can manage without Conboy and I am sure there can be no note taking app on Android that comes anywhere close to it.

But the Desire is just sooooo sweet looking I am finding it difficult to resist.

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
Why HTC Desire :S? Its a lowsy version of HTC HD2.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by dread123 View Post
well thought out response there mate..Nokia have lost all my faith in how they handle their so called Flagship models...support has been poor except from the community. Previously stung by n96 couple yrs ago...so nothappy at all. Puberty...lol..old enough now to be going the other way...lol idiot!

when u have finished sucking on Nokias tit..come back to the grownup world eh?
I am fully aware of the N900's flaws, and you're free to buy a Desire. My response was completely in line with your ridiculous hate for a very good device just because it doesn't fit your needs perfectly. It's even less rational to swear off Nokia products forever because you prefer this year's HTC lineup.

n u shud lrn to type if u want to be 3ted as an adult lol lol lol

The Following User Says Thank You to jnwi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tomlowry View Post
My mate just got the HTC desire. Pretty impressive. my 2 gripes where lack of internal memory and crap speakers. Otherwise that is one neat piece of hardware, which will be supported by the app market and the manufacturer, with future updates.
Pretty disapointed with the N900, because, of the lack of aps and maeomo is dead in the water.
Anyone any idea how much a n900 would fetch on ebay uk, it has quite a few scratches on the screen, as i keep it in my pocket.
Thanks Tom
I switched to the Desire about a week ago, it's fantastic! I was amazed at some of the stuff the N900 can do, but some of the apps you can get from the Desire amaze me more.

The social aspect of the Desire is brilliant. I can view any of my friends Facebook photo albums from the bog standard photo application. Same as their statuses, I can view any one of my friends status stream just from the contacts app. Then if I want to see everyone's statuses, it's available from HTC's Peep, which goes on your desktop too. All this applies to Twitter too. Of course, there is dedicated apps to view statuses and what not too.

Google Voice Navigation is spot on too as it works in the UK now. Tie this in with street view, and it's simply brilliant for finding your way.

Out of the box (no rooting etc.), I'd probably say if you are a heavy Social Network user, use navigation a lot, and like dedicated apps, than the actual website, then the Desire is for you.

If you like all the geek stuff (terminal etc) then keep the N900. There is a terminal app, and SSH app for the Desire, but I've not tried it as I never used them.

As for the speakers, they are poor, the N900's are far better!

Both brilliant devices, go for the one that enhances your productivity.

BTW, I sold my N900 on eBay for £295 free postage, immaculate condition, so you'll be lucky if you'll get that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m165 For This Useful Post:
just been doin some reading on the desire forums. It can be rooted and all apps can go to the sd card. (brill) A 32gb card will suffice for apps and music. I can live without the crappy speaker. Jumpin in. Sorry for previous spelling mistakes mate. If you can only be rude, its probably wiser to say nothing. Be Happy and polite, you will find life will treat you better.

I have my own IT company, and all my clients see me using my n900 for emails and phone. From day one I could not recommend it. Although most did not have to ask, as I could never answer the damned phone,to support them, when pulling it outa my pocket

I agree with you mate. the first time I touched n900 I couldn't recommend it to any of my friends. they don't understand voip, vpn, terminal, linux computer tablet, and all the geeky stuiff I just learned. this phone is simply not for a the common people.

I do appreciate having n900 coz i've learned a lot in linux. I even installed linux os on my computer. the downside of n900 is the productivity of this device. We all know this is a powerful mobile computer but it lacks developers and it has no commercial applications. 9 months since it was released the device is still unintuitive.

one big disappointment for me is lack of support for google maps.last week I was trying to find an adress using maemmaps and I got really hard time locating it.

I have purchased htc desire off ebay for £265 brand new from a store in ebay. just waiting to receive it. I will make a review as soon as I had it. I am going to sell my n900 for £290 at gsx shop in london that's their current value for n900.

for those who want to make a change, sell your n900 now before the value of this device goes lower. and get another phone. check ebay everyday to see a good deal. mine I got it for £265 by just checking everyday on ebay.

I have nothing against this community. don't want to disappoint n900 fans. the developers in this community are great people. without them n900 would be a very uninteresting device. I still believe n900 is the best when it comes to specs but that's just it and it is not for me.

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Switzerland
You don`t need any IT knowledge to use the N900. Any imbecile can get around using terminal if they google for 1 second.

Nokia would have advertised this device differently if it was intended for the nerds-who-are-virgins.

Face it, now a days people want everything to work within 1 click, and I can only say, if you`re that kind of simpleton, then go to Apple.

****ing hell this seller from ebay. just purchased htc desire, and aggravated me so much! he refunded the money without informing me that he'll never send it to me anymore. I almost sold my n900 for a lower price just to pay for that phone. good thing n900 is still with me. Avoid this seller: "bluetooth megastore" from ebay