Active Topics

Poll: What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?
Poll Options
What is the leaked PR1.2 RC?

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Some very interesting information regarding this leaked fw that i would like to pass on.
I can report that the leaked fw has worked better than i expected mainly to free up rootfs @142mb (prior was 45mb), and cpu usage is always idling at around 3% (i never overclocked) and the obvious now well tested improvements overall (thanks to people on this forum).
Incidently i only flashed the fw not the emms and all my apps updated straight away with no problems whatsoever apart from 2 desktop icons that were not connected to any app which i simply deleted. I lost no contacts at all or any music or any pics as my memory card remained intact (i did do a backup prior to flash, never needed to use backup).
All of my apps still work and many far better than before.
I can confirm i have actually never turned off my N900 since flashing the leaked fw and have used my N900 to connect to the internet 24/7 (3g dialup apart from a few re-starts) and that i was one of the first 6 people to flash on this forum i believe.
I would say a much better improvement all round than the old fw.
All in all i would reccomend the leaked fw but looking at comments etc it is obvious the next official update may well come before end of May so probably not worth using the leaked fw now if you are in any way doubtfull.

I also can confirm from a source within Nokia that the only reason people have had problems with this leaked fw is because they never cleaned out the old os properly during flash (his words not mine) and that it would never brick your N900 unless you never started with a clean install.
Also the coming update will not be any problems at all to install whatsoever for anyone who has indeed flashed the leaked fw, either by NSU OTA or whatever means you wish to update and it will NOT be necessary to downgrade to the previous fw! and that the new update will in fact completly re-write the os with no need for emms flash (please make a backup before updating).
PS i will NOT give out my contact so please dont ask.

Do your IM contacts appear after clicking "New IM message" in the "Conversations" app?

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I have not installed the IM setup so i cannot advise i am sorry as i dont actually use my N900 for IM in any way as yet. all i get is the accounts setup window when i click on new IM message.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Something about video recording.

Prior to using the leaked firmware, a usual 90 Minute video recording would be about 1.61GB.

I recorded a 90 Minute video last night in the new Fine video setting (presumably 640x480 30FPS) and it finished at a WHOPPING 2.40GB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Thats a 2.40 GIG VIDEO!!!!!!

I will check on Sunday to see what size video is recorded with the default N900 video resolution and report back.

That is a lot of memory usage.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
video recording quality has been improved

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Okay this thread has come to 944 posts before my 945th post, so its futile to read through all of them to get a question. (maybe a wiki page would be due?)

Never the less, my question:
Im running PR1.2 with the undervolted kernel, and my battery capacity has been halved with the same settings in the newest officially released firmware with the undervolted kernel. Also it becomes hot sometimes...

Is this a known problem? Anyone know whats up?

anyone tried skype video calling with pr1.2 ????????

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Originally Posted by mnaveed View Post
This post here says:

Originally Posted by janezek View Post
i have leaked pr 1.2, and have successfully make:
voice google talk
video google talk ( quality and speed camera slow, but usable )
voice skype talk
video skype talk ( quality and speed camera slow, sometimes not showing )
voice

me very like it

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
I found a bug....not sure if everyone has this.....when someone calls me I click on the 'Answer' button but nothing happens!I have to click it for the second time in order to register it....strange

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
I found a bug....not sure if everyone has this.....when someone calls me I click on the 'Answer' button but nothing happens!I have to click it for the second time in order to register it....strange
This is an all round "bug" and i dont think is a bug because if you touch anything for a fraction of a second it does not register but if you touch and hold it works every time... try it and see ok.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by mnaveed View Post
I tried it and it didn't work for me with the leaked firmware. But some people say it worked for them, I believe.

Closed Thread

Tags
chineesequality, fremantle, leaked pr1.2, maemo, maemo 5, n900, ranting, surreality