Active Topics

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ auckland
i'm having issues trying to connect to my wlan at home. after playing around i can connect to unprotected routers fine. i cannot figure out the wep settings it asks for as the ones my router spits out seem too long or too short so gave up on that. my original settings for wpa-psk tkip hidden wireless connection are fine when connected to my laptop and friends who come over but the n900 just seems to refuse.

belkin54g router connected to netspace netgear modem adsl
channel 11
wpa-psk
hidden
protected on
no mac address filtering set
block icmp ping unticked
router hard reset during connection attempts

on the phone i have tried ticking wpa2 only, i have also tried manually setting ip, dns etc.

just get network connection error yet the connection shows a green tick next to it and sometimes it says its connected but when go to browse says the network error and disconnects.

i have this wifi app installed and it shows 100% strength.

i have been the the bug 6137 page but cannot seem to find a fix.

please help drives me crazy as sometimes due to where i live my optus internet cant connect!!

Last edited by unique74; 2010-05-16 at 09:26. Reason: more info

Posts: 259 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
I had A LOT of problems with my WLAN, but I got no help, others said it's all OK you are thinking things up. I had very looong loading times, slow speed, mail wasn't updating... Now it's all gone, I just played with settings until I found one that was great on my N900. So try what I did: I set wireless settings to WPA2-psk, AES, and that was it. the problem was TKIP that was used on WEP and WPA. and lose WEP it so easy to crack, you can learn on youtube ant it takes sometimes only 5mins....

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ auckland
Originally Posted by esthreel View Post
I set wireless settings to WPA2-psk, AES, and that was it. the problem was TKIP that was used on WEP and WPA. and lose WEP it so easy to crack, you can learn on youtube ant it takes sometimes only 5mins....
hey, thanks but i did try aes on the connection - my laptop doesnt like it so had to go back to tkip. back to square one!!!