Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Do European stations broadcast below 88.0?
Is 87.5 ~ 87.9 heavily populated?
Unfortunately yes...

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
hmm... what about a widget button with "use next avaliable frequency"
when you press it the fm reciever will measure the signal strengh of the next 20 frequencies.... if there is a frequency with signal strengh under a specified value then set to the freq with lowerst value... else search next 20...

another thing is my radio automatic switches freq when signal is to low.... ex. radiostation sends on 105,3... after 50kilometres it sends on 98.5... for some way my radio automaticly tunes in 98.5 when i leave the 105,3 area.... normaly it search up... but for some strange reason it changes freq to 98.5 to recieve the same radiostation...

how is this feature workin? can we build in that feature in the n900??

sry for my bad english...

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I don't know where you live but here in south Germany the whole FM band from 87.5 up to 107.9 is heavily polluted by stations and mirrors of mirrors of stations. Scanning through the whole range it's not rare that you'll find the same stations at four or more frequencies.

To answer the question about scanning for frequencies, the FM receiver would not be needed as signal strength detection is also a feature of the FM tuner hardware. It just has to be utilized.
I live in south wales (uk) and i think the entire FM spectrum here has about 6 radio stations lol. probably too high tax for local commerical stations knowing the UK law!

Originally Posted by ~phoenix~ View Post
hmm... what about a widget button with "use next avaliable frequency"
when you press it the fm reciever will measure the signal strengh of the next 20 frequencies.... if there is a frequency with signal strengh under a specified value then set to the freq with lowerst value... else search next 20...

another thing is my radio automatic switches freq when signal is to low.... ex. radiostation sends on 105,3... after 50kilometres it sends on 98.5... for some way my radio automaticly tunes in 98.5 when i leave the 105,3 area.... normaly it search up... but for some strange reason it changes freq to 98.5 to recieve the same radiostation...

how is this feature workin? can we build in that feature in the n900??

sry for my bad english...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_D...implementation

That.
I've been wondering why it doesn't send any information to the radio when you change the frequency.
It would make sense to first send the alternate frequency information and then change over the transmitting frequency, so that no fiddling with the tuning would be required.

Is it possible to implement at least this?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by tzsm98 View Post
I was thinking for testing purposes only of course we do not want to oversaturate the area around our N900 with illegal, overpowered FM transmissions. If it is that hard to find an empty frequency now, just imagine how tough it would be if your neighbors all put a 1 watt amplifier on their N900.
I wish my N900 would become illegally overpowering enough that my car radio could actually receive its signal clearly one day.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand