Notices

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Toronto
It's a skin, not an operating system, it's just icon replacement and background images... unless the installer doesn't recognize the new version, which I am under the impression it is not checking for the version number on installation, the application manager doesn't even recognize the file size!

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Is there an update on the way? The default themes really suck.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Toronto
I sure hope there is an update coming the default skin looks like something out of a dollar store, please if you can make this theme compatible with the latest firmware please please do so!

Originally Posted by testerj View Post
I sure hope there is an update coming the default skin looks like something out of a dollar store, please if you can make this theme compatible with the latest firmware please please do so!

Yeah I agree this is a great theme compared to the stock theme.

I, too, love this theme - and I was annoyed when OS2007 wouldn't install it. Let me add my vote to those who hope a compatible update is coming soon. Great theme.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Sorry guys.
I have sold my N800 and past in on to another user, therefor I won't be releasing another version of my Vista theme.

Note: It's really easy to do it, just use the Maemo theme maker.

I didn't get enough time to do this, but it would be cool if someone released a vista theme with the actual sounds, better quality icons.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Adam_n800 View Post
Sorry guys.
I have sold my N800 and past in on to another user, therefor I won't be releasing another version of my Vista theme.

Note: It's really easy to do it, just use the Maemo theme maker.

I didn't get enough time to do this, but it would be cool if someone released a vista theme with the actual sounds, better quality icons.

sad news any plan of releasing your sources?

Love the effort, just not in love with the subject matter

How do I install this? Downloading it doesn't give me an option to open it directly with Application Manager. I have to save it, and click on it to run. But then it says "Package is corrupted" or something..

i just updated my firmware the other day and i couldnt get vista theme to load either.
so i went ahead and made a new theme with theme maker 1.0.

the vista theme isn't corrupt, its the new firmware that is not recognizing any themes coming out of theme maker.

if somebody knows how to fix this please let me know

i think for the time being, i am going to reflash to the old firmware, does anybody have the link?