Notices

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post

@PMD: could you please send me via private message (I don't know exactly how sensitive this information is) the output of the following commands run from the X-terminal (you have to type only those in bold)?
Not sensitive at all. :-) See below.

Code:
$ sqlite3 erminig.db
sqlite> select * from Profiles;
sqlite> .quit
thanks
The output from sqlite3 is:
Code:
SQL error: no such table: Profiles
So it appears that no profile was registered in erminig.db when I tried to create one?

The strange thing is that in erminig I can see the profile below the title line (or whatever it's called; the one starting with "Device").

However: the field below the title "Google" is empty, but when I edit the profile everything looks right.

Last edited by pmd; 2010-05-17 at 22:33.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
What happens if I schedule automatic synchronisation and the phone is offline when it should sync?
Will it sync when the next connection is established or will it forget about it?
It will forget about it...

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ /home/wired
Yes! recurring events were exactly what I needed!

Thank you

Originally Posted by pmd View Post
Not sensitive at all. :-) See below.

The output from sqlite3 is:
Code:
SQL error: no such table: Profiles
So it appears that no profile was registered in erminig.db when I tried to create one?

The strange thing is that in erminig I can see the profile below the title line (or whatever it's called; the one starting with "Device").

However: the field below the title "Google" is empty, but when I edit the profile everything looks right.
Hmmm, an error slipped in the command I gave you (forgot a dot, and made other assumptions). Can you please try again with the following:

Code:
$ sqlite3 ~/.erminig.db
sqlite> select * from Profiles;
sqlite> .quit
The fact that the entry below the Google header is empty is for sure not normal, and probably a clue toward the root cause of the problem we are trying to debug.

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Hmmm, an error slipped in the command I gave you (forgot a dot, and made other assumptions)
After I posted my previous message I realized that the inital dot was missing. :-) Here's the output from the correct command:
Code:
SQLite version 3.6.14
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> select  * from Profiles;
2|0|0|6|Gcal|1|0||1|0|1274137963|1274137965
sqlite> .quit
I started from scratch, and the synced local calender is named Gcal.

The Following User Says Thank You to pmd For This Useful Post:
@pmd: thank you for the feedback. It's getting clearer what the problem might be. For comparison, here's the (slightly edited) output from my Profiles table:

Code:
12|0|0|23|Work Clone|5|eim66lus2al3e2mastf9hhtg7a@group.calendar.google.com|Work Clone|1|0|1274049223|1274049225
There are clearly some missing entries, which explain

1) why you got the error messages
2) why no event got synchronized

I will release this evening a debug version with some more informative output: I hope that we will be able to trace why those values are missing.

Hi Lorelei!

Thanks for the update. Especially thanks for the recurring events!

Now I switched to my "real" google calender and I had no problems - it works like a charm.

Actually I had a crash in the GUI while creating a new profile but I can not tell you what exactly happened. And, it's a minor thing - just restarted Erminig and repeated the steps...

BTW, I was even able to sync from "others" google calendar - I am subscribed to the Austrian holiday calender on Google and I can sync it to N900. Neat!

The Following User Says Thank You to petibub For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Glendale, CA
I am having a bit of trouble trying to get erminig-ng to sync to my google calendar on my N900.

1. I am using erminig-ng 0.2.9 from 5/16/2010 in extras-devel.
2. I use google calendar through google apps.
3. I set up a read-only sync mainly because I do not yet want erminig to make any changes to my google calendar.

I select my account in the UI and then hit the update button. It gets about maybe 10% through and then it dumps out to a trace. The trace is attached here.

Since syncing w/ google calendar is the last step I need to do before I am transitioned from my N810 to my N900, I am willing to do any testing.
Attached Files
File Type: txt erminig_trace-20100517-00.txt (3.2 KB, 99 views)
File Type: txt erminig_trace-20100518.txt (3.2 KB, 82 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to microe For This Useful Post:
@microe:

thanks for the report. It is definitely a bug with the recurring events code path. I will analyze the trace in more details in the following days and maybe ask you to run a debug version of Erminig in order to pinpoint the exact problem

@pmd: I've been unable to prepare the debug version for the profile problem you encountered (got stuck with an urgent presentation to prepare). I will create a debug version that combines yours and microe's bug as soon as I get the time.

An updated version (0.2.10) is available in Extras-devel (or will be in a few minutes). There are absolutely no new features, so users with no issues don't need to update.

@microe & @ pmd (& maybe @fw190):

please update to version 0.2.10: this build spits some information on the terminal (and in the log window, but since it's not practical to use, let's forget about it). Here are the instructions:

- open an x-terminal
- type: erminig
- for microe: try to sync your calendars
- for pmd: delete all profiles and recreate them. Don't attempt a sync for the moment
- for both: copy the output that went to the terminal and send it to me via PM or mail (lorelei@garage.maemo.org).

from there I will look at what went wrong and hopefully fix the bugs.

thank you very much!

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization