Notices

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Today i bought JoikuSpot Premium to share my internet connection from N900 to my Laptop.

I installed the program on N900 and started it.

Then i searched for wlan with my laptop and ofcourse i found the Joikuspot wlan from my n900. I connected to it and tried to surf the web. But it didn't worked. I am connected to JoikuSpot from my laptop and have full signal strengh but i have still no internet.

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Can someone help with this??

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Are you using a custom kernel? (Titan's for example)
If so open terminal, type root, then
Code:
modprobe JoikuSpot_Bouncer
When you're done sharing your connection type
Code:
modprobe -r JoikuSpot_Bouncer
The stock kernel doesn't have that bug/problem.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Code:
When you're done sharing your connection type
Code:
modprobe -r JoikuSpot_Bouncer
The stock kernel doesn't have that bug/problem.

ty for the help. i will try right now.. coming back in some minut.

EDIT: It still not works yes i have titans kernel.
But i have the leaked 1.2 fw too. maybe thats the problem?

Last edited by HD.Canson; 2010-05-15 at 14:36.

ad hoc wifi is tricky, I used the symbian s60 version and could get all kinds of devices to connect but not my lenovo x60 running windows xp.

I have also purchased joikuspot for n900 and I now can connect said computer without issues. I have noticed though that problems arrise if the 3g coverage is not good, I mean that joikuspot seems to not always work at all where the n900 browser works only slowly.

Try updating drivers (ofcourse) and try using Windows' native wireless manager instead of your adapter's propriatory manager, or vice versa.

Same problem here. I also purchases Joikuspot and had no luck in connecting through WiFi. Network setup is ok but I can't open webpages for some reason. Might be ISP related but I haven't tried much.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by HD.Canson View Post
ty for the help. i will try right now.. coming back in some minut.

EDIT: It still not works yes i have titans kernel.
But i have the leaked 1.2 fw too. maybe thats the problem?
Close the connection (properly - wait for it to display the summary), go to terminal, and as root redo the command (only the modprobe JoikuSpot_Bouncer one) then hit Share Internet.
It worked for me (not from the first try though)

Edit: oh and it works on the leaked firmware, someone tested it (not me - still on 1.1.1(.5)ish)

Close the connection (properly - wait for it to display the summary), go to terminal, and as root redo the command (only the modprobe JoikuSpot_Bouncer one) then hit Share Internet.
It worked for me (not from the first try though)

Edit: oh and it works on the leaked firmware, someone tested it (not me - still on 1.1.1(.5)ish)

Now it works. Thanks so much for your help mohammad...

You will sure get a kiss from me.

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Code:
Thanks for this. Just bought Joikuspot, and ran into this problem. Loading the module by hand fixes the problem for me.

I also went on, and figured out why the autoloading breaks with custom kernels. The joikuspot package (naturally) includes the bouncer kernel module, which is installed in /home/opt/maemo/usr/share/applications/joikuspot/ . However, syslog reveals that JoikuSpot tries to load that module when it's started, but fails because the module has wrong kernel version info.

By copying the module from your custom kernel's modules (/lib/modules/2.6.28.whatever/) over Joiku's default one (remember to backup the original!) the automatic module load and unload works. However, this operation likely has to be repeated whenever updating/switching kernel, or updating JoikuSpot.

Tried with 2.6.28.10power27 kernel. I only recommend this for people who are comfortable moving files around using command line, that's why I won't post the exact commands.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juise- For This Useful Post:
Hi everyone, i have the same problem, when i start joikuspot and i connect the ipod the kb grows up, but it says that the internet connection isnt found.

I don't understand the codes probably, cause when i have inserted them, the terminal says : FATAL: Module Joikuspot_Bouncer not found. (with the code: modprobe Joikuspot_Bouncer)

I have the kernel titans ideal. Someone can help me telling me step to stpe how to do?

Have a nice day

EDIT: Sorry, it was cause when i gave the command i miss the "S" in Joiku"S"pot.

Sorry sorry sorry

Last edited by brighi92; 2010-06-11 at 08:13.

I've also found I sometimes need to configure external dns servers on my laptop as name resolution via Joiku is sometimes flakey.

OpenDNS servers:

Tags
joikuspot