Active Topics

Poll: Do your N900 have Dead or Stuck pixel?
Poll Options
Do your N900 have Dead or Stuck pixel?

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
Did vote.
While I do have sometimes stuck pixels, leaving the display off for a longer period of time (e.g. 3-4 hours on my desk without turning screen on) or rebooting helps.
This happens very rarely. 2-3 times since I have the N900...so I don't have "stuck" pixels, but more of "temporary stuck" pixels. That's close enough to perfect for me

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Magel282 View Post
That's a bummer you keep getting devices with dead pixels. Got mine from Amazon, no dead pixels. Have some light leakage between the pixels though. See here -

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...416#post453416

It must be costing a fortune to send them back!! What method have you used to return them? Also just out of curiosity what production week have your n900's been if you kept record? It tells you on the box -

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39072&page=7
hey Magel! another aussie eh? which capital city do you live in?

oops... i forgot about my post on this yeah it sucks big time. i used aus post express, and it cost me about aud$59 + aud$20 for insurance. it wasnt cheap, but i had to get it there quick for the RMA to work. my replacement is on its way, and i should get it later this week. touch wood it's all good

unfortunately i didnt keep a record, but my housemate got the phone as well (i got it for him, and he was the lucky one without any problems) and his box says 50-2009. that means it was manufactured in mid Dec 09 right? does it matter ie is there a certain batch of N900s with problems?

Originally Posted by dp333 View Post
i have 2 bright see-through cirlces in my screen, the inside of these 2 cirlces are significantly brighter than the rest of the screen, you can really see it when looking at bright colors or an all white background,
does anyone else have the same problem? or know what this might be caused by or a way to fix it>?
I also have a brighter spot in the middle of my screen that is really noticable when there are light colours on the screen. its kinda annoying.. Cause?

I bought my N900 in the beginning of December, and a week ago i noticed that i now have a black pixel stuck on my screen, also annoying. Hehe. But this is the only one, and i think i can manage it being there, if there isnt a quick fix for it

Kevin

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Have 1 hotpixel on dark screen. Don't know what to do

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by jinx405 View Post
hey Magel! another aussie eh? which capital city do you live in?

oops... i forgot about my post on this yeah it sucks big time. i used aus post express, and it cost me about aud$59 + aud$20 for insurance. it wasnt cheap, but i had to get it there quick for the RMA to work. my replacement is on its way, and i should get it later this week. touch wood it's all good

unfortunately i didnt keep a record, but my housemate got the phone as well (i got it for him, and he was the lucky one without any problems) and his box says 50-2009. that means it was manufactured in mid Dec 09 right? does it matter ie is there a certain batch of N900s with problems?
Yea another Aussie . Down in Adelaide, how about you? An yea $80 sounds about right, better than having to pay for a brand new one all together I guess. An yes I believe it would be the second week of Dec with that code. Not sure if there is a specific problematic batch but most problems seem to be had with the early batches which I have.

When you get your new phone you may want to consider doing what I did here with an additional charger to protect agaisnt the usb port issue. - http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...602#post467602

Good luck with your replacement .

i have 1 white pixel on screen. it seems to be a stuck. do any more software (video) method actually work? wat is the warranty on dead pixels?

cheers

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Spain
i have about 20 light pixels, in dark room i see it perfectly in the camera applicaction :s :s :s

same here i see white pixels on black screen but other colours work fine... wtf

update: one dead pixel on all colours and about 20 on black screen showing white

Last edited by crisismt; 2010-05-02 at 23:09.

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Spain
really...there is a lot of people with the same problem... i dont know if give to SAT and lost two weeks at last.

Originally Posted by teddy3 View Post
Have 1 hotpixel on dark screen. Don't know what to do
me too

Don't know what to do

Tags
stop the pixel genocide!!, who is murdering pixels??