Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
I've installed a Polish keyboard layout for the hardware keyboard so while holding fn and ctrl i can type óćął etc. It works perfectly in openoffice when I open it via the icon in app manager but when I open it from debian it doesn't work. Is it supposed to be this way? How can I fix it?
Have you edited /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart and chosen a Polish keyboard by
Code:
@setxkbmap pl
as explained in the wiki?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
I've checked the file and the line was there but I forgot to add @ in front of the line. So I did it but still it doesn't work. I'll try to reeboot. does this make a difference that I've got a modified rx-51 file?

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
fw190. Have you tried to run synchroot from rootshell after mounting easy debian and edited the file? I had to do that to get my "dano" keyboard working in lxde.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hstende For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
fw190: Perhaps you can also try "sudo synchroot" (once you have opened your chroot) to see if copying your custom keyboard file into Debian will help.

EDIT: Got distracted while posting, and I got beaten to the punch by hstende! Nice surprise!

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
after typing sudo synchroot in debian chroot it pops out: command not found

fw190 in X Terminal not in debian chroot.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bimbim For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
fw190: no, you type sudo synchroot in Maemo not in Debian... Sorry I wasn't clear...

EDIT: My reflexes suck today. Nice to see such help from the community.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Interesting! Under what circumstances can one expect to have to run synchroot manually? When does it actually run automatically? On first chroot?

The Following User Says Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
I had to get some sleep after typing it in xterm I get: syching chroot... and nothing hapens. I'll try to reboot.

Hahahahha after rebooting it works. You are great You know? I don't have to install evince or fbreader in maemo. I just have them in debian. It saves rootfs and gives me new oportunities!!! Hahahahhahah I just can't say how much I admire Your work. This whole linux thing is black magic for me but thanks to You I can do wha other people using Iphones and other BB, HTC just simply can't. THANKS qole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by fw190; 2010-05-20 at 07:20. Reason: It woooooooooooooorks ;)

Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Hahahahha after rebooting it works. You are great You know? I don't have to install evince or fbreader in maemo. I just have them in debian. It saves rootfs and gives me new oportunities!!! Hahahahhahah I just can't say how much I admire Your work. This whole linux thing is black magic for me but thanks to You I can do wha other people using Iphones and other BB, HTC just simply can't. THANKS qole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, indeed, Easy Debian is the single most useful app for the N900! It's strictly white magic, though!

From the wiki: If you feel overwhelmed by gratitude towards qole for bringing a full-fledged Debian OS to your device, consider donating at qole.org.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:

Tags
beta, debian, easy debian, extras-devel, fremantle, i <3 qole, squeeze