Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Btw.

Why you are flashing? Do you understand that flashing ANY device is IMO not everyday operation. Normally I would think that user who are not technically literated should take it to support if device is not working as expected.

Then again IF case happens to be that you have installed something from testing/devel repositories then you should not even ask what to do when sht hits the fan because you should know beforehand what to do before going to those repositories.
I'm not attempting to "flash". I'm simply trying to do an update via downloaded Nokia software. And the same Nokia software can't update basic functionality on my PC.

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
OMG! I need to have this phone now!
Go buy it sucker. Enjoy the crappy software on this product. Most un-Nokian.

Ok mikeallen, we have strung you along long enough, and I apologise on behalf of the community. Each of the problems you have described is real, and not a failing on your part to follow basic instructions. We all just like to sustain a false reality within which the n900 and supporting software do actually work as expected.

In fact, there are many more issues that you have yet to uncover, and you may not find all of them as we are particularly adept at misdirection and covering up.

There is a phone for everyone, and the n900 is for those who prefer a phone that represents a bit of a challenge.

I suspect this isn't you, as you appear to be disappointed by the very things that make us happy - bizarre and unpredictable behaviour in a phone. I guess you remember when phones made phone calls and that was it. Simpler times.

Anyway, it is clear that this phone has had the opposite effect on you than indended by Nokia - it should delight and keep your mental processes agile with its ever changing nature, however it appears that it has done the opposite - to frustrate and bewilder.

My advice would be to put it in a lockable drawer, and never open that drawer again.

Do you have a drawer that you can sacrifice?

Originally Posted by mikeallen View Post
A Nokia mobile phone. Nokia pc suite doesn't work on Windows Vista. What does that have to do with me?

Aside from being a victim of incompetence and neglect.
Lots of stuff doesn't work in Vista, use XP compatibility mode that works fine. Like i said, the issue isn't with Nokia, it's in the Vista part :P

Mike. Please sell your N900, go buy a Nokia 3310 because that will please your one track basic mind.

You are another arrogant, selfish idiot who blames everyone else for his failures.

I like many other users brought the device knowing it would have its flaws, but have had it work flawlessly.

Sorry to everyone else for another agressive post

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by teh View Post
Mike. Please sell your N900, go buy a Nokia 3310 because that will please your one track basic mind.

You are another arrogant, selfish idiot who blames everyone else for his failures.

I like many other users brought the device knowing it would have its flaws, but have had it work flawlessly.

Sorry to everyone else for another agressive post
lol, i love the irony... nice one!

Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mikeallen View Post
I'm not attempting to "flash". I'm simply trying to do an update via downloaded Nokia software. And the same Nokia software can't update basic functionality on my PC.
Why don't you use N900's own app manager to update FW in it?

And secondly why on earth you would use Nokia software to transfer files to your N900. If you connect it and select mass storage you can see it as new drive in windows explorer. (If it doesn´t then your OS is broken or N900 usb is broken) Also it would help greatly if you told us what operating system you are exactly running? (windows vista prof.64-bit etc.)

So you have downloaded and installed NSU from here:
http://europe.nokia.com/support/down...oftware-update
And it fails to update. Would you share some more information?

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
This thread isn't headed anywhere close to productive. Thread closed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
idiot butt wipe, joke's on mike