Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
N900 can already run PR1.2 but..... only if Nokia release the damn update. I'm running the leak version and getting used to the interface and the keyboard already. So i'm hoping to see the full PR1.2 very soon. If i'm not mistaken, PR1.2 will come out sometimes next month. About the same time as MeeGo 1.0

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ sofia, bulgaria
nokia italia: nokia n900 pr1.2 update will be available this week from wednesday onwards - http://bit.ly/bduk2W

Ciao, per quanto riguarda l'aggiornamento di N900, questa è la settimana buona; da ultime info, da mercoledì in poi dovrebbe essere disponibile.

Hello, regarding the N900 update, this week is good, from the latest info from Wednesday onwards would be available.

Last edited by chilko; 2010-05-24 at 17:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to chilko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by chilko View Post
nokia italia: nokia n900 pr1.2 update will be available next week from wednesday onwards - http://bit.ly/bduk2W
i didn't see that at all.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
yawn....
whats pr1.2 ?

Originally Posted by Andy214 View Post
Nexus one can already update to Android 2.2, as stated in gsmarena.com
Yes, and only the nexus one.

The EVO 4g's they handed out at google IO conference can't upgrade to 2.2 probably until q4 this year, said HTC

Not only that, there are brand new android phones in blister packs on hooks at retailers running 1.6 that will probably NEVER get an upgrade to 2.2.

For all the whining about abandonment of maemo, please do not hold up android as an example.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
A new rumor: PR1.2 will be available next week:

http://twitter.com/chilko/status/14622345937

"ItaliaCiao Nokia, regarding the N900 update, this week is good, from latest info from Wednesday onwards would be available."

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
N900 can already run PR1.2 but..... only if Nokia release the damn update. I'm running the leak version and getting used to the interface and the keyboard already. So i'm hoping to see the full PR1.2 very soon. If i'm not mistaken, PR1.2 will come out sometimes next month. About the same time as MeeGo 1.0
MeeGo MeeGo MeeGo, they emphasize and concentrates on MeeGo. They can give dates and so on for MeeGo and it's accurate.

Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
Yes, and only the nexus one.

The EVO 4g's they handed out at google IO conference can't upgrade to 2.2 probably until q4 this year, said HTC

Not only that, there are brand new android phones in blister packs on hooks at retailers running 1.6 that will probably NEVER get an upgrade to 2.2.

For all the whining about abandonment of maemo, please do not hold up android as an example.
As stated in gsmarena, the others would need some time due to their customization... Does N900 have customization? Hmmm...

"Other phones will have to wait until their respective manufacturers release updated ROMs - which might take a while with all the custom UIs they’ve slapped on top of Android."

And Android 2.2 brings Flash 10, and many major changes, big performance improvements, and so on.

What about PR1.2? The leaked PR1.2 changes is disappointing, moreover with such long wait... I wonder how promising is the actual PR1.2.
The N900 has just sooo many things to be improved and missing features, and yet for the PR1.2 change log, seems many things isn't available.

Don't get me wrong, I love the N900, if I were given a choice, I'd still go for the N900. But that's not the way, it doesn't mean we like/love the phone, then we just keep protect and pretend the software is good enough when in fact it isn't. I love my N900, and I want it to be stable, nice to use, have at least the features that were available in Symbian devices (Nokia has been providing Symbian devices, they should know all the important and useful features, etc).
We don't love something and pretend and argue that the software is good and doesn't need updates, etc. That's just blind support.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andy214 For This Useful Post:
"ItaliaCiao Nokia, regarding the N900 update, this week is good, from latest info from Wednesday onwards would be available."

next week or this week?

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chrome For This Useful Post:

Tags
poo poo 1.2, pr 1.2, why am i here?