Posts: 34 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Francisco
Cool thing... Yesterday I took the bus to work instead of riding my bike, and on the way home I listened to Jazzmusique (the 128 kbps stream) on my Nokia 770 using my Motorola E815 EVDO phone connected via Bluetooth! It only rebuffered once on the entire 45 minute ride. How geeky is that?

Important thing... Yesterday the web browser on my Nokia 770 was refusing to launch for some reason, so I tried rebooting, but that did nothing! What _did_ something was taking the battery out for 10 seconds and then rebooting. So next time your Nokia 770 is crashing, try taking the battery out for 10 seconds

How much did the battery drain?

I suppose there's no way to listen to the music *and* surf at the same time?

Originally Posted by rr0123
I suppose there's no way to listen to the music *and* surf at the same time?
tnkgrl not doing enough for you, eh?

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Nerd.

Good deal on the streaming over BT. I suspect one will probably take a hit in the audio playback if you browse while streaming via BT, but I can't expand since my Blackberry won't do the trick. Obviously the heavy graphic-laden sites will impact playback more, so it may be a better time to read an ebook or catch the RSS headlines, or maybe settle for a 64kbps stream. I'm sure others can speak from real world experience how much of a ding browsing does to audio smoothness while linked via BT.

Remove/replace battery...heh, sounds more like a Blackberry now (a common fix for smaller problems on that platform), considered a "hard reset". I almost did that today on my 770 since someone else found a way to muck it up. There was a long delay after holding power before the screen finally decided to clear; my fingers were on the back cover but in the end it was not necessary.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Francisco
*rt0123*, the battery drain appears to be quite reasonable... I fully charged my Nokia 770 the night before yesterday, surfed the web for about 15 minutes during the day yesterday, then streamed audio for over 45 minutes on the bus last night, did not use it today and just now there's only one bar missing on the battery meter. I even briefly surfed the web while streaming audio and it worked fine (it was Engadget and it was only for a minute).

hmm good stuff,

Thanks for the tip