I couldn't wait till tomorrow for the release so i went to
n900 img site and downloaded and flashed the latest image,
all is working.

now im wondering, is it a must to reflash the emmc or can i just
carry on in using the phone._

might be a stupid question but hey... i just got to ask.

CN

I was wondering the same thing too!

I already have the leaked version of which the original does not show up on it..

.Lets know if the emmc tables are changed for the better wouldn't want to miss out on any goodies

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
No it is not a must to flash the emmc it is only to wipe the internal memory on the phone and roll it back to factory default. Itmdoes wipe all setting files music etc. so make a back up on your pc or micro sd ok :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to Smooth-op For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ shanghai , China
I was unable to flash eMMC and update rom directly . Now , I found out I can not customize the menu ( applications ) and the bar at the top of each desktop had problem when lock the screen and unlock . The bar will disappear and be frozen . I guess those are the issues from not flashing eMMC since I did not see any one ever had such problem after eMMC and rom flashed .

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Normally when you notice small problems like that it's a good idea to reflash the firmware again.......annoying I know but it usually irons out these bugging things. However rebooting several times can also help. I would try to flash again though .....

how do i solve this issue:

"not enough space in application install memory, Uninstall some application to free enough space for installation"

do i need to flash the emmc?

i've tried optifying python - it remains at 92% use,