Updated to 1.2 this morning. Unfortunately I can no longer access data OTA. When I select my internet connection, T-mobile is not even an option. I am fairly tech savvy but know nothing about Linux.

One thing that is peculiar, I do have the "MMS" connection available from the fMMS program. I uninstalled this program months ago and the MMS connection never went away. I tried to remove it through xterm today with the instructions provided in that thread, but it is still there. Still, it makes no sense as to why I no longer have "T-mobile" as an option. Please help!

Also noteworthy: I tried to restore to earlier backups and T-mobile internet connection still not an option. MMS is only OTA option which gives me a connection error every time. This pretty much renders the "smart" portion of my phone useless since I rarely connect to wi-fi.

Mine took a while to come back too

I am not sure, but I think tmobile data settings are sent by tmobile after sim registers on network.

try making a few phone calls and see if it comes back

The Following User Says Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:
Hopefully that works. I upgraded FW about 5 hours ago, though.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Portland OR USA
try powering off and resetting the sim card?

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Portland OR USA
oh...did you flash or do the OTA upgrade?

Mine's still here. You seem to be having the worst of luck

Happened to me once a month or so ago when messing around with some settings. Deleted them all.

Call T-Mobile and they will be happy to send you a package via SMS that will restore your settings.

Call from a something other than your N900 so you can verify you got what you need before getting off the phone with them.

popped the sim card, tried a hard reset. Still no T-mobile internet option. I did an OTA upgrade this morning.

hmmmm

I am with tournstone now, call tmobile

when you insert the SIM usually a push sms is sent with config, maybe you didn't get it for some reason and maybe they can send again