Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Yea, that's a bit confusing and I should probably do something about it. If you install more plug-ins (there is currently only conboy-midgard) it will make more sense, because then you can choose which plug-ins should be activated. If, however, you only have the default plug-in (which is the XML backend) it dosn't make sens to deactivate it. If you deactivate it, Conboy is simply useless
I should probably implement, that if there is only one plug-in, then the selection should not be shown at all. I'll see what I can do.
If you're reworking this part, maybe rather than having the plugins listed directly in the Settings dialogue, there could be a "Plugins" button in the Settings dialogue which brings up a separate dialogue listing the plugins.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
@ Conny

Just FYI: I can consistently sync *to* Conboy from 1u. I still get the NULL error, but it syncs correctly. I cannot sync *from* Conboy to 1u. Any changes to any note are removed/disappears and the error message appears.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
@ Conny

Just FYI: I can consistently sync *to* Conboy from 1u. I still get the NULL error, but it syncs correctly. I cannot sync *from* Conboy to 1u. Any changes to any note are removed/disappears and the error message appears.
That´s probably because we first fetch new stuff from the server, then push our local changes to the server. The second step seems to fail.

My guess is, that you have a local note, that U1 does not like. To investigate this, you could start Conboy from xterm, then run the sync and post the output you get in xterm here or send it via PM.

Another thing you could try (after the above) is, to quite Conboy, delete all notes from /home/user/.conboy/, restart Conboy, reauth and sync.

This should give you a clean copy of all notes on the server and sync should (TM) work again for you. However you will loose changes that you might have in your local notes.

Thanks for testing

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
I went for broke and jumped into xterm, deleted all the notes, reauth'd and sync'd... and success! Perfect sync both directions. Thanks for the support

The Following User Says Thank You to sorodoros For This Useful Post:
My Story: Got bored with Windows XP crashing all the time and installed Linux Mint.

Decided to use Tomboy instead of Evernote (as I knew that it would be compatible with Conboy on my N900 and the new Sync feature looked good). It was already installed on my Linux desktop (plus the latest version of Evernote does not work with WINE).

Installed the new (alpha) version of Conboy on my N900, installed Tomboy for Windows on my work PC.

They all sync fabulously! I can't thank you enough. The ability to sync and have my notes and to do lists anywhere I am makes this a bit of a killer app.

I think it now must be my favourite app on my phone. It actually helps my life instead of just helping me to fill time when I'm bored.

The Following User Says Thank You to BillyTheFish For This Useful Post:
Thanks guys, I'm always very happy to hear your success stories

Still, I really have to warn you. Make backups and don't rely on the sync feature just yet. There are still known (and unknown) issues. I'm working on it, but I'm personally still not using sync with my "production" notes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Still, I really have to warn you. Make backups and don't rely on the sync feature just yet. There are still known (and unknown) issues. I'm working on it, but I'm personally still not using sync with my "production" notes.
Thanks again and warning noted! I'll back up my notes asap just in case.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Personally not, but I was contacted by someone a short time ago who wants to make it happen. We're still in the very early planning phase, so I can't make any promises. Let's see how it goes.
Hey conny, and news on supporting Share plugins (evernote)?

I've seen it mentioned throughout this thread!

Thanks for the great app btw

No, nothing new. Shouldn't be hard, but my priorities are still with U1 sync. If you find someone who is good with XSLT and has a couple of spare hours, please tell me.

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
No, nothing new. Shouldn't be hard, but my priorities are still with U1 sync. If you find someone who is good with XSLT and has a couple of spare hours, please tell me.
Okay, I'll keep my eye out, although I doubt I will!

Can't wait until this is integrated - I honestly use Evernote daily, and it would make my life a helluvalot easier than using email to get notes in their system!

Tags
conboy, grauphel