Active Topics

Originally Posted by depu View Post
Did the images in the Photos applications rotate in all four directions before?? and it does it pretty smooth too.
Am seeing this for the first time.
If I remember correctly; yes the image rotates in all four directions and it was smooth to my eyes.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Atlanta, ga
wow that sucks. hopefully thats fixed in the future because that vertsms program doesn't do me any justice. ppl like me who drive allot need this function

So I just wanna get this straight; if you press ctrl + shift + R and then close the keyboard it will make any app go into portrait (and some are rather well optimized). While the app is open it will change orientation depending upon how you hold it. But if you close the app and reopen it you must use the keyboard shortcut again!??

The reason for wanting portrait was so that you could do things with one hand. I hope I'm wrong about this but if I'm not then Nokia is straight up retarted. Who the F thought it would be helpful to have portrait, for one hand use, that is only accessible with both hands? Unbelievable.

Am I wrong? Please tell me I am.

The Following User Says Thank You to Waykokid For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Waykokid View Post
So I just wanna get this straight; if you press ctrl + shift + R and then close the keyboard it will make any app go into portrait (and some are rather well optimized). While the app is open it will change orientation depending upon how you hold it. But if you close the app and reopen it you must use the keyboard shortcut again!??

The reason for wanting portrait was so that you could do things with one hand. I hope I'm wrong about this but if I'm not then Nokia is straight up retarted. Who the F thought it would be helpful to have portrait, for one hand use, that is only accessible with both hands? Unbelievable.

Am I wrong? Please tell me I am.

you are so right!!!! PREACH

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Spr33 View Post
The difference between the leaked PR1.2 and the official is really only STABILITY.

I'm tired of hearing uninformed noobs complaining about how there was no change between the leaked and official versions... how different did you think it was going to be? It's the same firmware.
Another difference is that there seems to be proportionately a LOT more complaints about problems with the real release than with the leaked release. My theory is that the more knowledgeable users tried the leaked version and were able to get themselves out of any trouble they had. The less knowledgeable cautiously waited for the official release and couldn't get out of the trouble they had.

scenario:

so how bout i wanted to update to the PR1.2.
but i only had 3.2 mb of space. So i went to the wiki and followed the instructions.

ran: apt-get clean
then: apt-get autoremove

after that i got 33mb of space on rootfs now. but i still couldnt get the update. So I Did this:

mkdir -p /home/user/MyDocs/apt-archive-cache/archives/partial

then:

apt-get -o dir::cache=/home/user/MyDocs/apt-archive-cache dist-upgrade

i notice that it took a long time to do so I left running all night. I woke up this morning with an error message. So I did it again

later got an error message again. so i did apt-get clean and autoremove and i tried:
apt-get -o dir::cache=/home/user/MyDocs/apt-archive-cache dist-upgrade [again]

all of a sudden while it was running it stated at the top:

internal error on application "phone" closed

It keeped saying this over and over again. I didn't think nothing of it so I ran this:

apt-get install pymaemo-optify

then it listed the files but stated 1 was not installed correctly or removed and that i needed to run a dpkg something to fix it manually. I did that but then i noticed that a picture of a sim card witha slashed red line at the top and got worried. I checked my disk usage and i had 0mb of space on rootfs.

so I restarted my phone. NOW IM STUCK IN A BOOTLOOP!

can someone help???
I jus download the maemo flasher latest update to flash if i need to but will i loose all my data on all of my partitions?
i have a backup but its located in my documents folder on the internal memory. and will i loose all of my sms messages and backup contacts in my documents folder??

please help if you can

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Another difference is that there seems to be proportionately a LOT more complaints about problems with the real release than with the leaked release. My theory is that the more knowledgeable users tried the leaked version and were able to get themselves out of any trouble they had. The less knowledgeable cautiously waited for the official release and couldn't get out of the trouble they had.
Have u considered the number of people who actually downloaded the leaked vs the final version? thousands vs hundred of thousands perhaps? that might be the cause...

Originally Posted by Intrygue83 View Post

scenario:

so how bout i wanted to update to the PR1.2.
but i only had 3.2 mb of space. So i went to the wiki and followed the instructions.

ran: apt-get clean
then: apt-get autoremove

after that i got 33mb of space on rootfs now. but i still couldnt get the update. So I Did this:

mkdir -p /home/user/MyDocs/apt-archive-cache/archives/partial

then:

apt-get -o dir::cache=/home/user/MyDocs/apt-archive-cache dist-upgrade

i notice that it took a long time to do so I left running all night. I woke up this morning with an error message. So I did it again

later got an error message again. so i did apt-get clean and autoremove and i tried:
apt-get -o dir::cache=/home/user/MyDocs/apt-archive-cache dist-upgrade [again]

all of a sudden while it was running it stated at the top:

internal error on application "phone" closed

It keeped saying this over and over again. I didn't think nothing of it so I ran this:

apt-get install pymaemo-optify

then it listed the files but stated 1 was not installed correctly or removed and that i needed to run a dpkg something to fix it manually. I did that but then i noticed that a picture of a sim card witha slashed red line at the top and got worried. I checked my disk usage and i had 0mb of space on rootfs.

so I restarted my phone. NOW IM STUCK IN A BOOTLOOP!

can someone help???
I jus download the maemo flasher latest update to flash if i need to but will i loose all my data on all of my partitions?
i have a backup but its located in my documents folder on the internal memory. and will i loose all of my sms messages and backup contacts in my documents folder??

please help if you can
dont flash your emmc and everything should still be there after you flash the OS

The Following User Says Thank You to chan32167 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chan32167 View Post
dont flash your emmc and everything should still be there after you flash the OS
thanks a bunch Chan.
but will i not flash my emmc? I downloaded the maemo flasher 3.5_2
Now im waiting on the bin file of the pr1.2 update to finish downloading.

will the maemo flasher ask me to flash my emmc?
thanks in advance guy!! your the greatest

flashing the os and the emmc are 2 different things, and not related...

after you flash the os, you wont be asked to flash the emmc.

i flashed 1.2 yesterday, just had to reinstall all my programs. I had all my conversations, documents, music, etc still in my device

The Following User Says Thank You to chan32167 For This Useful Post:

Tags
delete me