Closed Thread
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rebhana View Post
Starting such threads and filling it with this kind of hate posts is pure vandalism which is doing more and more harm to this community forums. As a result, I really felt like reporting your posts and also did it.
exactly. and in addition guys from nokia don't read this forum.

so you idiots are only alienating the people developing all the apps in repositories away with this idiotic mood...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I think they will install the update in the next 1-2 days, just have patience. Still I don't think that they work on Sunday, so it might be released on Monday.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
is this what we are only waiting for ?

http://maemoarena.com/2010/05/new-ap...or-nokia-n900/

Posts: 349 | Thanked: 309 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ PS/IL
Yes, this is what we're waiting for.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2010 @ France
ok thanx for reply

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
LOL, the sheep tag is the ideal description for the fanboys who are still defending and praying for Nokia even after several mistakes... There will always be loyal fans, but I am sure Nokia just eliminated a bunch of them in the past months...

I remember when I was proud of my Nokia mobile for its quality and battery life... good times... so long Nokia, it is the end... I am sure hte company will be sold or broke in a couple of years.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Erlangen
i guess it might make more sense to directly turn to open source developers to port and adopt their stuff from the desktop to the n900. I use extras-testing and extras-devel and can only report that there is already a ton of great open source stuff on its way (gltron, tuxracer, boswars, linuxsoccer, abiword, freeciv, phototranslator, gpodder, ...).

I do not want to recommend the use of -devel or -testing here but think that by now i personally would prefer to ask the os developers if giving them some cash would help speeding up the development or would make them start to port on the n900.

At least the way I can completely ignore Nokias screwed up scheduling and information politics and still get tons of good quality apps.

All i can say from my personal experience (as devel and testing user) I don't really have any feelings to this (fully expected) delay as the few new apps in ovi they mention would be a nice additon, but nothing I really need anymore.

I guess I'll setup a paypal account and will spend my money that way

Last edited by greygoo; 2010-05-28 at 18:08.

there's a twitter widget. I'm guessing this store update is coming along slowly. Yesterday, there was the diabetes app

Originally Posted by dtergens View Post
is this what we are only waiting for ?

http://maemoarena.com/2010/05/new-ap...or-nokia-n900/

are those all the changes or just a few of them?

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
I think I know what is going on....Ovi store and Maemo team do not work with each other, first problem was the payment system, they resolved it now Ovi team has all apps but they are basically writing apps description, classifying them into categories etc

We wont see update today it will take at least a week

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Closed Thread

Tags
ovi update