Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by excelar8 View Post
what's the app called?
Sorry miss posted Not an app

quick and easy Joikuspot

else free with CL work...

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
If you are using titan's Enhanced Kernel for power users (for overclocking or whatever), you can install Mobile Hotspot app. It's just available in extras-devel and it's free. Makes your N900 into a wifi hotspot with no security or WEP.

http://maemo.org/packages/view/mobilehotspot/

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-05-29 at 06:02.

sorry to go off topic but iv purchased joikuspot before and want to redownload it. do i have to pay for it agen or what

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by z3phyr View Post
sorry to go off topic but iv purchased joikuspot before and want to redownload it. do i have to pay for it agen or what
My guess is no, but this question should really be asked to them and not here in order to get the correct answer for that...

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Florence, Italy
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
If you are using titan's Enahnced Kernel, you can install Mobile Hotspot app. It's just available in extras-devel and works as it should. Makes your N900 into a wifi hotspot with no security or WEP.

http://maemo.org/packages/view/mobilehotspot/
Can it be used 'Only' with Titan's kernel or will it work as well with the default kernel? I don't have the enhanced kernel but wanted to install mobile hotspot. Does it create any problems with my other network connections?

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Smooth-op View Post
Can it be used 'Only' with Titan's kernel or will it work as well with the default kernel? I don't have the enhanced kernel but wanted to install mobile hotspot. Does it create any problems with my other network connections?
I believe it does require a custom kernel. It bluntly says so in the description. No issues from what I've noticed.
If not, I think only Joikuspot is the only other alternative but at a small cost.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post: