mine gets warm often i dont know why. Plus the battery drains too fast sometimes when I leave my xchat online (wifi running) all night I often wake up to see the phone is switched off and wont boot again so I have connect to the charger and then boot (boot times are faster). I have to yet install some widget or app to see how the processor usage is.
There is one thing wrong too, my songs are just not getting listed in the media player 'all songs' list, none comes up there, I have to goto file manager each time and run the song from there. Same is happening to Photos, no photo in the 'photo' app is listing (shows empty).
Over all features are nice but speed in general is just ok, not much faster.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Yes, my n900 is warmer. I'm glad it's not just me.

Sounds like a few of us have something Unhelpful going on. Maybe time for a reflash.

fwiw, i flashed my n900 with pr1.2.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Malta
it does get warmer now but i think its because of the temperature. it was 28 celcius just yesterday and in sunlight higher...here comes summer

mine is fine too !! try reflashing the emmc

Bondage Monkey
run htop in terminal

CN

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
The first hours after update it was wery warm, perhaps thumbnailer-backup restoring etc could cause it.
After overclocked ulv, temp is nice.
But system is full of lags, microb freezes randomly for several seconds (literally freezed, no scroll, no menus, only camkeycd working then) so vanilla time for me too. Hopefully it helps.
01-26-10 , 01:09 PM ... 05-26-10 , 05:41 PM
...A PLACE TO REMEMBER...

R.I.P.

N900 killed me... please, tell my friends "BLAAAABLABLABLAAAHHHHH"

I am curious how many people that are reporting various issues with PR 1.2 are doing OTA updates to systems that have seen heavy use since initial purchase? I did a clean firmware flash and have found the system to be very fluid and responsive without any major show stopper bugs.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Italy
I think the problem may be due to reindexing of photos and media, which keeps on running until all files have been indexed and therefore may cause both temperature increase and faster battery drain. Once it has finished, the problems should go away.

I noticed my N900 getting warmer, but just for the first day after upgrade. I checked by opening xterminal and running command
In the %CPU column there were high values for tracker-indexer and hildon-thumbnail.

The Following User Says Thank You to fgs For This Useful Post:
I installed Conky. Through that I found out that "apt-worker" takes a LOT of cpu time. Usually this happens when i open app manager, click Download, click All, and search for something, this thing starts and doesnt end for few minutes even if i'm not doing anything anymore. Pretty inefficient code it seems. Other then that, the usual trackerd service which used to take a lot of processor time in pr1.1 has more or less the same behavior it seems. Well i'v installed the processor usage applet and conky just today so lets see what these apps show me whats taking away the battery life.
sigh.