how can i encrease the db gain from speakers
i tried alsamixer -c 0 command in xterm but i cant find a way to encrease the db gain from 0 to any positive number.

is there a way ?

is there any one ?????

who knows waht to do

tht d be great...somebdy pitch in with some ideas guys!

am i the only one suffering from low volume form loud speakers of n900

can any body help to encrease the sound

I think after 1.2 the volume of the earphones has been way too low. The speaker volume could also do with a boost.It's ok, but could/should be a lot better so it can be increased when needed.
The alsamicer makes a slight difference to the earphone volume but waaay to little.It needs to be like double what it is now.In alsamoxer the reported earphone value at max is dB gain = -5.40 SURELY this means this value for the gain can be changed somewhere so that it maxes out at zero, or even a positive humber.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
There has been a discussion about this before here:
http://talk.maemo.org/archive/index.php/t-50126.html

However, it turns out that once you change volume to full, then alsamixer is also at full and there's no way to beyond that point.

I would've liked to see this volume boost because my earpiece begins to degrade after about a couple of months and volume goes down and down until inaudible.

same here... i hope theres a fix or app that can boost speaker volumes to max.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i would buy better earphones.
i have bought sennheiser earphones for 50 euro and they are so loud that i cant hear at maximum.
at 80 percent my ears are quite bleeding.
the bass is so strong that i feel it in my heart.
and the in ear phones are great even if a train arrives in the station you dont hear him

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
would be nice if someone could tell me how to increase the volume in FMtransmitter. The volume is terribly low and i have to turn my stereo to 30+ to get the same effect as 15 volume

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Also is there a way to increase volume or add more voice to Sygic? Like the voice from TomTom