Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
I can't highlight-and-copy text in MicroB.

0. Load a page with text on it.
1. Swipe from lower left to center, get arrow icon in lower left.
2. Tap arrow icon, mouse pointer changes from arrow to I-beam pointer.
3. Highlight some text.
4. Pres Ctrl+C.

Nothing gets copied for me, and I'm pretty sure this used to work under PR 1.1.1.

Am I not copying correctly? Or is this a bug? Or is it working for everyone but me?
Just tried this. Worked for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Anyone has an issue where at some point after a while you've booted, menu starts popping up with the top bar but nothing beneath, as if the whole setting block was now transparent?

You can still try to randomly click on where you think buttons are but it's just guess work at that point.

I had this under PR1.1.1 and thought I'd wait for PR1.2 but i still saw it happen... Maybe it's a conflict with something installed that totally screws up the GUI somewhere but it's really annoying, only solution is to reboot.

Anyone?

Originally Posted by R-R View Post
Anyone has an issue where at some point after a while you've booted, menu starts popping up with the top bar but nothing beneath, as if the whole setting block was now transparent?

You can still try to randomly click on where you think buttons are but it's just guess work at that point.

I had this under PR1.1.1 and thought I'd wait for PR1.2 but i still saw it happen... Maybe it's a conflict with something installed that totally screws up the GUI somewhere but it's really annoying, only solution is to reboot.

Anyone?
I really don't understand

@nosa101, when you repro my copy-paste bug, what page can you copy from? Plz give a URL. Also, do you get the yellow banner across the screen that says "copied" when you press Ctrl+C?

Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
@nosa101, when you repro my copy-paste bug, what page can you copy from? Plz give a URL. Also, do you get the yellow banner across the screen that says "copied" when you press Ctrl+C?
There's no banner.

I went on a facebook.
Brought out the cursor
Seleted text from a a friend's status
hit ctrl + c
opened notepad
hit ctrl + v

The banner only appears when you hit the upper toolbar (IDK the technical name for this but it's where you get settings from) and click copy

The Following User Says Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bristol, UK
... no yellow copied bar ... but I did copy this 'when you repro my copy-paste bug' from your post on this page ...

The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaGx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
I don't have any of your other problems. As for this one, what is your location?

EDIT: You probably don't want My Nokia either
My location is Iraq, but even if related to my location, i think it should be more polite response than a quick fast yellow message

i'm thinking of flashing my n900, Is there different editions for PR1.2? i mean i heard there is US and Global, what is the difference? and NSU downloaded which one to my phone?

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
hi togehter i found a new really bad Bug since PR1.2.

if i hold my N9 in the hand and move is to the side and backward suddenly the Phone App comes up sometimes in Portrait sometimes in Landscape ..why this? it takes a while and its not reproduceable anytimes but it happens!! Can anybody else proove this behaviour?

best regards crown

Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
My location is Iraq, but even if related to my location, i think it should be more polite response than a quick fast yellow message

i'm thinking of flashing my n900, Is there different editions for PR1.2? i mean i heard there is US and Global, what is the difference? and NSU downloaded which one to my phone?
My Nokia sends messages to Nokia from your phone. If Nokia doesn't recognize your operator, i.e. it was not officially released in your country, My Nokia will fail. That's why there is an error message. There are different versions of the firmware. Each version contains minor tweaks to comply with local laws. If the n900 wasn't released in your country, then you can flash to the global firmware.

Originally Posted by crown77 View Post
hi togehter i found a new really bad Bug since PR1.2.

if i hold my N9 in the hand and move is to the side and backward suddenly the Phone App comes up sometimes in Portrait sometimes in Landscape ..why this? it takes a while and its not reproduceable anytimes but it happens!! Can anybody else proove this behaviour?

best regards crown
is turning control on?