Can Someone check if this works, I found the trial reset and the map application, from qwerty 12 and am going to post it.
Download and install both files, open new fake mac, map and then request a trial and then go back to old map.
Here are the files, but can someone check them to make sure that they work.
Thanks

Edit: Map App is too large, open it from qwerty 12's post
Attached Files
File Type: deb map-trial-reset_1.0_armel.deb (83.3 KB, 248 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to gokuman56 For This Useful Post:
YEA BTW THE 7 DAY TRIAL WAS WORKING I TRIED IT WITH SOME POST WHERE I HAD TO INSTALL 2 files and there are two options Map (new mac) and Map (old mac) or something... PROPS to whoever had made that.. my bet is they might shut off the servers soon

OK so it worked. left the MAC as it should be and changed mine via macchanger. I did get to the license code in the about dialogue box so I entered the key that was there, it activated.....Navigation Europe. Bummer, I'm in the US and it was probably mentioned somewhere in the thread this would activate European nav and I didn't see it in the sea of posts, I wasn't the most diligent in reading the whole thread. Thanks for the help. Anyone who can help with US East? heh

Does someone have the license key for wayfinder North America, I think we can all share it and it would work, but it has to be new, so yeah, can anyone provide this?

The Following User Says Thank You to gokuman56 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I've never tried the free trial on my tablet.

No real interest either.

So yeah, how can I help?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I've never tried the free trial on my tablet.

No real interest either.

So yeah, how can I help?
Well, we're all set for now, but we are living in fear that the wayfinder servers might close again, so can you do anything like capture the packets from the Wayfinder Server?

Linuxeventually has sent this message:
Do you know if anyone is working on using wireshark or similar to capture the packets from the wayfinder servers? I ask because they will likely take them down again soon =\

So, Can Anyone help and capture the packets????
Teamwork and communication is the key

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Edit: Map App is too large, open it from qwerty 12's post
Is the post you mean? i.e. #7
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...405#post589405
It is just that I can't see where the Map App is

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
That old hack (only valid with the previous version of map) isn't necessary: mine works with the latest version, just edit the mac file, maybe delete the content of the ldb directory and request another trial.

The Following User Says Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Following Luca's suggestion I was able to activate the trial but directly executing /usr/bin/navicore after deleting the files in the ldb folders as well as setting.txt with my original MAC

The Following User Says Thank You to xopher For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Well, yes, but the trial lasts one week, after that you'll need a different mac address to renew it.

Tags
customers?, middlefinger