Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i want to scream at all the complaining and moaning, im guilty of 'biting at the n00bs' and feel so bad about it afterwards, after all im a linux n00b myself, but some people seriously have no sense, only today i read a thread bout a guy saying if he didnt get flash 10 by friday he would sell all his nokia products because they were crap, and this didnt work, and that didnt work, he then said if anyone wants to buy my 'nokia products' PM me to discuss price?
he made it sound like they were worthless, yeah right, salesman of the year me thinks!
im really gonna try my hardest to not comment in those threads again, cos i lose sleep over it sometimes!

The Following User Says Thank You to leetut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I have also seen unpardonable rudeness to people wandering on to this site into the many mindfields buried here. And some of that rudeness has come from moderators, past and present.

It''s some kind of combat syndrome. You see a comment similar tto comments you've seen before and suddenly you act like "it's you again! Shut up!" But it often isn't the same person, it's a new person not responsible for comments made by other people at other times.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
I personally think that any "i hate nokia, n900 sux etc" threads should be lock. It is simple if you don`t like it sell it. This forums does not dictate the politics of Nokia. The community can and will improve the phone, will bring MeeGo/Harmant or whatever they call it. We will have multiple OS to use native, how many phones do have that? If you want flashy shiny useless things like iPhone go buy one.
Am tired of reading the same whine thread from different person each day. If you have a complain about a program > report a bug. If you want flash 10* for Microb, if you want official Meego, if you want the phone to make a coffee go whine at Nokia.

And yes, if you post a useless post like:

"This phone is **** its full of bugs I hate it, Nokia do something"

You will always get rude attitude.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to acvetkov For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acvetkov View Post
I personally think that any "i hate nokia, n900 sux etc" threads should be lock. It is simple if you don`t like it sell it. This forums does not dictate the politics of Nokia. The community can and will improve the phone, will bring MeeGo/Harmant or whatever they call it. We will have multiple OS to use native, how many phones do have that? If you want flashy shiny useless things like iPhone go buy one.
Am tired of reading the same whine thread from different person each day. If you have a complain about a program > report a bug. If you want flash 10* for Microb, if you want official Meego, if you want the phone to make a coffee go whine at Nokia.

And yes, if you post a useless post like:

"This phone is **** its full of bugs I hate it, Nokia do something"

You will always get rude attitude.
this man is wise

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ugot1newmail View Post
Nope, I just wanted to raise this in public to underline the mistake of a heavy handed mod. Keep kidding yourselves about the N900's future if you like but the fact remains that Nokia have now announced that that Meego will not be officialy coming our way. If you can't see that this marks the death of Maemo and honestly believe that they will carry on supporting then be my guest.
haha you don't know a thing you are talking about, do you?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Fortunately he's not a mod anymore.
+1 he was the worst possible (after me) candidate to ever be a mod of anything.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
haha you don't know a thing you are talking about, do you?
This is a good example of a generic comment that could be made at virtually any time by anyone. Let's try it out:

"So, the brakes in the Toyota were weakened because the materials that went into them had been contaminated by the factory suppliers.."

"haha you don't know a thing you are talking about, do you?"

It works! But I don't think it adds much to the discussion.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Dear Mods - please be more heavy-handed, it would only do good to these forums. Don't waste your time defending your actions, act as benevolent dictators, then more energy will go into useful things, and those who have nothing useful to contribute but just want to vent their frustration or spread their hate will have to do it in a somewhat less rude manner so as to avoid your censorship.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rebhana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
@rebhana

..." act as benevolent dictators, then more energy will go into useful things"...
... "but just want to vent their frustration or spread their hate" ...

Are you really so stupid? Because then I couldn't realize how you was able to manage very simply tasks, like born.
01-26-10 , 01:09 PM ... 05-26-10 , 05:41 PM
...A PLACE TO REMEMBER...

R.I.P.

N900 killed me... please, tell my friends "BLAAAABLABLABLAAAHHHHH"

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by rpgAmazon View Post
Are you really so stupid? Because then I couldn't realize how you was able to manage very simply tasks, like born.
This might need to go on a t-shirt or at least a coffee mug.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
epic lulz, forum, moderation, op is a gerbil, policy, practice