you are welcome guys! Glad to have been so helpfull!!!

you should check out the 'blondes about love' communities for more fun, but not sure if you would be able to find anything like pr1.2 epic... even theirs 'what I did wrong' threads limited with few hundreds of funny posts, not thousands

joining you in thanks to folks over here

The Following User Says Thank You to sebastian_ua96 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sweden
Yes! i forgot the thanks part...

BIG thanks goes out to:

* Maemo-dev team (for preserving as much speed and phone functionality as possible while still providing a fullblown linux backbone)
* Nokia (for providing the hardware and taking bold steps for years targeting powerusers, when noone else dared to give us what we want)
* Community-coders (for hogging the endusers with endless and limitless applications)
* Maemo.org-moderators (who have patience even in dark times and tries their best to keep the forum cordinated for usefulness)
* and finally all the nice users who help eachother out, and making the hardware a reality by buying the devices!

Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Mediabox? What is Thatttttttt
MediaBox is an alternative additional mediaplayer intended for large media collections.
it can open folders/directories by "tap and hold" on the folder(album) u want to open for playback and then open in the dropdown-menu.
If you enable extras-testing (or maybe extras-devel) you can also install the youtube plugin.

then you get 30FPS HQ youtube in the "videos" categhory of mediabox, and its complete with a youtube search function!

Last edited by S0urcerr0r; 2010-06-01 at 00:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to S0urcerr0r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Although I am very disappointed of Nokia, I am very happy to be a part of this great community..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
I am very happy more people and sharing their positive views of this amazing community. The amazing people behind this community DESERVE to see our gratitude

The Following User Says Thank You to BN900 For This Useful Post:
Awesome lil list of cool apps for the N900

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
I've had my n900 for 2 weeks, but have followed this site religiously for 6 months. It's because of this site I bought my n900.

It is the best device EVER!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lorul2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I've recently fooled around with the Motorola MILESTONE and the hardest fact to accept about Android is that there is no central place where the community comest together to discuss Android.

I for example want to remap the physical keyboard on my device and people have figured out how to do it, but replies to those threads in various forums only reach about 10 replies! The same went for threads talking about overclocking the MILESTONE. People didn't even really get excited about that. Incredible!

So thank you to the community for me as well. Since day #1 it's been the apps in the repos that have really made my day and made the N900 interesting every single day.

P.S. These Talk Maemo pages could fit the MicroB screen a little nicer, though But this has been discussed in other threads and I saw all that.

And I also noted something interesting. The N900 inspires such a devoted following among true phone and tech lovers that I have never seen elsewhere. Check our forums and other Maemo forums and you'll find so many 'I love my N900' sentences out there. a few agry posts sure, but even so the emotion is very pronounced. people are very invested into the device and the community. in addition of course to the other N series tablets.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
chown -R t.m.o /home/user/base

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post: