Active Topics

Closed Thread
People expresses their opinion here, it is upto the reader to determine what is good for him/herself or whether a given device fit one's needs. With all your years on the net, can I assume that you also know the phrase 'YMMV'.

Originally Posted by h3llraz0r View Post
or face the wrath of nerdddddsssss

I've been surfing the internetz for years and its the first time I encounter such a cold hearted atmosphere of arrogant village people who tell me what I should or shouldn't like.

Instead of explaining that no app has been made for a certain issue, they will make members feel bad by telling them they should have known what the phone really was before buying it and that the solution is a very simple command like they should know about or just sell their phone if they're not happy.

It seems that with the iPhone people are very helpful and jailbreaking it litterally makes it 10x better than the N900 thanks to the apps and the phone itself. While it does have its share of fanboys, they are not the majority like in this forum, which is part of the reason of the iPhones success.

Thank you Maemo community, many of you have just messed it up for the mainstream audience and messed it up for yourselves by mocking the only client base that would have helped push nokia to support this phone into mainstream. You suck.

You know what? You're right, to Nokia's disappointment, many people probably read these forums before buying the N900 and chose to not buy it because of your nerdish arrogance.

Now some will tell me to leave or get banned but why don't we reverse it...

Leave if you're not happy with my posts.
Welcome to Linux

I think it's more of a "HowardForums is that way ---->" response. You have to keep in mind that this forum isn't end user (or at least historically hasn't been) focused like HoFo is. A lot of us aren't interested in reading yet another "N900 blows" or "Nokia is stupid" thread. The arguments are clogging up the forum, making it difficult to find content that's actually interesting and/or useful.

or face the wrath of nerdddddsssss

I've been surfing the internetz for years and its the first time I encounter such a cold hearted atmosphere of arrogant village people who tell me what I should or shouldn't like.

Instead of explaining that no app has been made for a certain issue, they will make members feel bad by telling them they should have known what the phone really was before buying it and that the solution is a very simple command like they should know about or just sell their phone if they're not happy.

It seems that with the iPhone people are very helpful and jailbreaking it litterally makes it 10x better than the N900 thanks to the apps and the phone itself. While it does have its share of fanboys, they are not the majority like in this forum, which is part of the reason of the iPhones success.

Thank you Maemo community, many of you have just messed it up for the mainstream audience and messed it up for yourselves by mocking the only client base that would have helped push nokia to support this phone into mainstream. You suck.

You know what? You're right, to Nokia's disappointment, many people probably read these forums before buying the N900 and chose to not buy it because of your nerdish arrogance.

Now some will tell me to leave or get banned but why don't we reverse it...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I have a better idea.

Closed Thread

Tags
hi! look at me, pointless, trolling